You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

22 minutes ago, moof said:

Has there ever been a worse Irish side? Ive only heard of about 3 of their players. 

Harry wilson is boss 

its not even that.

I was at the match on Saturday night and left at half time.

We (Ireland) play similarly shite to how we played under that prick Roy Hodgson.

The formation seems to be some form of 9-1.

That poor fucker Shane Long is left all on his lonesome up front, and there isnt an ounce of help from the midfield or defence. 

My cousin drives for the FAI and he does me telling me that intraining the players look great. Good fast passing, strong tackling, but clearly terrible coaching has these players playing so poorly

29 minutes ago, Trumo said:

Weren't they a bit shit before Jack Charlton came along and threw in a bunch of Englishmen and Scots?

No, to be honest. Look at those 70s and '80s squads. Full of top talent. Badly managed, admittedly. And overseen by an association of clowns.

The Englishmen and Scots thing betrays an ignorance of history. Also, to be honest! You should listen to Kevin Kilbane, for example, talk about that aspect of Irish identity to get some idea of what the issue involves...

• Upvote 1

Kepa, Azpilicueta, Rudiger, David Luiz, Alonso, Jorginho, Kante, Kovacic, Willian, Hazard, Morata  

De Gea, Young, Smalling, Lindelof, Shaw, Matic, Pogba, Martial, Rashford, Mata, Lukaku

Some attacking line up for Utd that. Be about 6:3 to Chelsea this