You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Chelsea are really starting to annoy me with how good they've been so far this season.

Like most people I'd written them off mainly due to the fact they left it so late before the season started to bring the new manager in.

He's done a great job so far and they are one of the better sides to watch at the moment. Cunts.

9 minutes ago, johnsusername said:

I thought they'd be a write-off this season. Very disappointing. Almost as disappointing as Chelsea being dead good as soon as the new manager turned up. What happened to periods of acclimatisation? 

The fixture list has a massive role in this.  Both Chelsea and Arsenal have been blessed with the run of fixtures, the best team Arsenal have beaten has been West Ham and they struggled big time there. Chelsea were also handed a fixture list designed to gather points and breed confidence. We had it ourselves in 2014, couple of handy games followed by Moyes's Utd, 9 easy points and suddenly momentum takes over. Difference here is Chelsea are better than we were then (squad wise) and could go on from here.

Arsenal won't do anything,  there defence is still shit, there midfield is still soft and there attackers are sunshine players. They will finish 6th if Mourinho can't get Utd playing, 5th other wise.

5 minutes ago, Mark M said:

Chelsea are really starting to annoy me with how good they've been so far this season.

Like most people I'd written them off mainly due to the fact they left it so late before the season started to bring the new manager in.

He's done a great job so far and they are one of the better sides to watch at the moment. Cunts.

Hazard is going to have a career year this season unfortunately

Not massively arsed about Arsenal. They've been fortunate with the fixture list - a load of bums to let their (impressive) firepower loose on: in none of those games have they been especially dominant, it's more their matchwinners emphatically taking their chances that have been the difference.

The worry is that they gain a bit of momentum from this run of form but they were capable of good streaks against dross under Wenger: we'll see what happens wehen they lose a couple of games against good sides in the winter and how they react then.

Chelsea though: fuck off. Yet again they've lucked out getting a manager that their reality TV style hiring and firing approach simply doesn't deserve. Sarri will have them seriously competent this year, then next year he'll plateau a bit and get moved to the exit, and their fans will come out with a load of guff about how the great Chelsea deserve better. Gang of cunts.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

Which sort of brings the tiredness debate which is being used to talk about a lot of other players being off form/struggling after the world cup into question.

Hazard played the maximum amount of games in world cup and had the shortest possible break/pre season.

Hopefully he blows out as season goes on.

8 hours ago, sir roger said:

They’ve won 9 on the trot which is decent for a team consistently described as ‘shit’ on here.

Watched MOTD last night and Fulham played a suicidal high line against them....acres of space for them to run into in packs - was ridiculous.

I wonder how Fulham will set up v us?

I still think Chelsea will hit a wall and will struggle to cope with their demands. Early season form is good obviously like ours but I think Chelsea will tail off a bit and drop points. The big question is whether this helps Liverpool as it depends on us winning if they lose.

2 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

I still think Chelsea will hit a wall and will struggle to cope with their demands. Early season form is good obviously like ours but I think Chelsea will tail off a bit and drop points. The big question is whether this helps Liverpool as it depends on us winning if they lose.

They will if Hazard fucks off to Madrid in January. His boyhood dream.  

The Coutinho gambit, 

19 hours ago, TheHowieLama said:

With possibly half of it at Real Madrid.

6 hours ago, magicrat said:

They will if Hazard fucks off to Madrid in January. His boyhood dream.  

The Coutinho gambit, 

I've just seen his quotes that some mornings he wants to stay and other mornings he wants to leave for the best club in the world. I am guessing the mornings he wants to leave are the mornings of Chelsea's matches.

3 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

With possibly half of it at Real Madrid.

I've just seen his quotes that some mornings he wants to stay and other mornings he wants to leave for the best club in the world. I am guessing the mornings he wants to leave are the mornings of Chelsea's matches.

The mornings he wakes up with a stiffy are his Madrid mornings

13 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Jardim to be sacked at Monaco. Thierry Henry to replace him, apparently.

If they keep him for another month instead of giving him a payoff they could probably get United to give them 10m to take him off their hands. Been regularly mentioned as one of the main options to replace Mourinho whenever he inevitably goes, and none of the others are available/realistic.