You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

See Zaha going a bit mental at the treatment he gets from defenders after the game

To be honest i really don't blame him having watched him over the past season or so, gets some real nasty tackles

All I ever see him do is run straight into players, fall down, win free kick and repeat.

Zlatan scored a wondergoal in the MLS yesterday to take him to 500 on his career. Afterwards he said "they'll be remembered as my 500th victim."

Which is hilariously self-centred, seeing as his team were 3-0 down when he scored and his "victims" went on to beat his team 5-3. Someone should point out to him that football is actually a team sport.

• Upvote 1

Read this on a Steve Bruce thread on a Villa forum (they want him out because they're currently playing like shite on a stick).

I was thinking this myself.

Managers come here and after we part ways we are lucky to see them in management again.

Again I feel we are too big a club for some managers.

Lambert, O'Leary, Sherwood, Houllier, Gardé*, Di Matteo, Bruce to name but a few all have been found out here.

Hence why I don't think your Eddie Howes, your Dean Smiths etc. Would survive here.

This would be the Houllier who won a treble with Liverpool, but Villa was too big a club for him. Deluded fuckwits.

• Upvote 1

They're winning 2-0 in the final minutes so no one will ever notice but Ronaldo has just done one of the most ridiculous things I've ever seen from a footballer on a pitch (and not in a good way).

Long ball from the goalkeeper up to him out on the wing, all alone, acres of space to bring the ball down and start an attack. Instead he tries to showboat and actually tries to hit it with the top of his shoulder to one of his teammates. Of course, this goes all wrong and he hits it 1)straight to the other team 2)with his elbow and gets called for a handball to the evident disgust of his teammates.