You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Why should they have been allowed to play at Wembley in first place - instantly going from 36,000 seats to 80,000 plus overnight - it is an unfair financial advantage.

Then you have the fiasco this season with the rule book being ripped up to accommodate them and everyone else having to bend to their ends.

Yes of course safety is number 1 but not moving into the ground until it is safe and right is one thing - continuing to benefit whilst it isn't and fucking over everybody else is another....it is staggering how other clubs and fans are being fucked for these cunts.

They've even got the neck to want their league cup game played in Milton Keynes making a 3rd home venue in one season rather than just put their hands up and accept an away.

If they weren't a London club they wouldn't have had this advantage/luxury in first place.

I was wondering what rule book you were talking about so I did a bit of Googling and you're right, the Premier League were quite snotty about the possibility of splitting home games across two venues in a season when it was first suggested. Money talks etc

Why should they have been allowed to play at Wembley in first place - instantly going from 36,000 seats to 80,000 plus overnight - it is an unfair financial advantage.

Most logical place. Agree about the attendance though - it should have been limited.

Then you have the fiasco this season with the rule book being ripped up to accommodate them and everyone else having to bend to their ends.

They would argue its exceptional circumstances driven by building delays out of their control.

Yes of course safety is number 1 but not moving into the ground until it is safe and right is one thing - continuing to benefit whilst it isn't and fucking over everybody else is another....it is staggering how other clubs and fans are being fucked for these cunts.

I agree they shouldn't benefit financially, but games being moved/rescheduled because the stadium isn't safe seems ok to me.

They've even got the neck to want their league cup game played in Milton Keynes making a 3rd home venue in one season rather than just put their hands up and accept an away.

Tend to agree with you there.

If they weren't a London club they wouldn't have had this advantage/luxury in first place.

I suspect Man U, City or us would be given the same favours.

They would argue its exceptional circumstances driven by building delays out of their control.

The counterpoint is that their timescale for completion was completely unrealistic. A one-off delay is fine, in the same way you might have if an existing stadium needed repairs due to a storm or fire. But the Premier League should have said there was a cut-off point. Any further delays, all remaining games are played at Wembley.

I don't get why it's such an issue them playing home games at Wembley or Milton Keynes or wherever. It's not exactly an advantage to be a travelling nomad team. What were the league gonna do, boot them out for a year? Yes, they're gonna sell more tickets if they're at Wembley but in today's game of ridiculous TV deals i don't think they'll make that much extra.

The counterpoint is that their timescale for completion was completely unrealistic. A one-off delay is fine, in the same way you might have if an existing stadium needed repairs due to a storm or fire. But the Premier League should have said there was a cut-off point. Any further delays, all remaining games are played at Wembley.

They planned contingency to which the League agreed. No point playing at Wembley when the stadium opens.

They planned contingency to which the League agreed. No point playing at Wembley when the stadium opens.

They shouldn't have agreed to that. I would say Spurs are at a disadvantage playing at Wembley, which means the away teams playing there are at an advantage compared to their rivals. Although now that I think about it, the thought of the fewwwm from across the park makes it all worthwhile. Must have been Redshite builders...

I don't get why it's such an issue them playing home games at Wembley or Milton Keynes or wherever. It's not exactly an advantage to be a travelling nomad team. What were the league gonna do, boot them out for a year? Yes, they're gonna sell more tickets if they're at Wembley but in today's game of ridiculous TV deals i don't think they'll make that much extra.

The changing of dates of matches to suit Wembley's already set fixtures is the main issue.

We're due to play them on a Saturday, but what if Wembley was already booked to have handegg?

The only options would be either postponing it a day or two, and it fucking up our rest period before a champions league game. And also the travelling involved on a Sunday being more difficult than a Saturday.

Or switch home/away fixtures with them, which would mean playing 3 away games in a row going into April when we could potentially be chasing the title.

Can't imagine any scenario where we'd be happy with being fucked about because them cunts can't organise themselves.

Yep.

Rock bottom.

But at least Roy Keane's there to piss off the players...

It's hard to blame a manager (and I rate O'Neill highly obviously unlike most on here) when the talent just isn't there. He needs to move on and get a club over here quick. Same for Keane. I support Ireland but this is a fucking disgrace. Walters is about 84 and a cunt to boot yet is arguably Irelands best option after McLean and Coleman. Fucking joke.

I watch a lot of academy football and there are some serious young Irish talents coming up. If I was Irish, i would be calling for them to be given a go even if they are 16 or 17. That Irish team is crap and even if they are kids they couldn't do any worse.

O'Neill seems a cunt imo.

Gone be with the days when Ireland used to have serious players. I like Ireland so it's sad to watch.

Quite funny Harry Maguire admitting he hasn't a fucking clue about the rules or what this new competition is in aid of.

Had a look at BBC Sport's 'explanation' & my eyes ended up like that snake in the Jungle Book.

Fewer international friendlies, innit?