You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2022

skend04

This world cup was great. The next one was already on a hiding to nothing without it impacting on the domestic game and being played in a desert.

I do predict Germamy will bounce back big time and france will be class. Italy and Holland have some very good youth teams so they could do well. England will lose in the last 16 to a luis suarez blatant handball. Neymar will still be a cunt and argentina will have a great attack and a shambles of a defence. World cup champs croatia will go out in the group stage.

It's so exasperating.

Remember when Qatar bid, and everyone said "no, it's way too hot to hold it in the summer in Qatar, you can't have the World Cup there."?

And then they said "no, we absolutely can, we're going to cool the stadiums with revolutionary technology bla bla bla" because they KNEW it would never be approved if they said up front that it was going to be in the winter.

Yeah. I'm serious about this, my enjoyment of international football has been on the wane for a few years now but I still follow and watch the World Cups. Not any more. Done. It's a mighty big straw and this camel is done carrying. It's a pointless and useless gesture but I won't be watching this one. It's going to wreak absolute havoc on the league season that year.

As long as they cancel the rest of the international fixtures that Autumn to make up the lost time (plus an early start to the season to cover the two weeks it'll take for squads to come together and play some warm-ups before the actual tournament). 

It's going to be injury roulette in the run-in that season.  Good year for a Leicester style outside league winner.

Everything about this is shit, I literally can't think of one legitimate good reason why they think this is good for anybody but themselves, corrupt cunts.

Did Australia get their reimbursement in the end? Last I heard they were kicking off at fifa because they'd spent millions on a world cup bid on the basis of it being in the summer, if they'd known it would be in the winter they would have either changed their sales pitch, or fucked it off entirely.

I'd be pretty pissed off too, going through all that trouble just to find out it was rigged from the beginning and there was no point even trying.

• 3 weeks later...

It's going to cause chaos to 2 seasons 

Season 2021/22 will have to start and end early so 2022/23 can start early and will likely have to end a few weeks late too.

Corrupt cunts the lot of them, its fucking mental that everyone knows and have proven it corrupt yet it's going on and nobody gives a shit. UEFA should have grow a set of balls and told them too fuck off, yet the had been paid up and brided too

It's going to cause chaos to 2 seasons

Season 2021/22 will have to start and end early so 2022/23 can start early and will likely have to end a few weeks late too.

Corrupt cunts the lot of them, its fucking mental that everyone knows and have proven it corrupt yet it's going on and nobody gives a shit. UEFA should have grow a set of balls and told them too fuck off, yet the had been paid up and brided too

They've got a monopoly on the entire thing, nobody can touch them.

The only way things will improve is if a separate governing body is formed, and all the big clubs/countries decide they've had enough of fifas shit and move over.

You won't be able to get pissed in a beer garden and lash your pint everywhere because it will be fucking freezing at dark and 3.30 pm.

I’m not interested enough in International football to even bother getting out of bed to watch matches in the middle of the night. I imagine the viewing figures in Western Europe will be woeful.