You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Jun 30 - Jul 6 2018)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Jun 30… 

Lucas Vasquez? Presumably he has the same agent as his fellow bench warmer Asensio, because I reckon there’s as little truth in this rumour as the laughable “£160m bid” we put in for Asensio last week. We do need another wide forward but it’s not going to be either of these two, not when Shaqiri is available for a pittance. 

Celtic want Harry Wilson but the word is we aren’t keen on letting anyone go there because Brendan bullshitted Chelsea and City over loan players last year and then didn’t pick them, so now nobody wants to do business with him. I suspect our relationship with the new Rangers boss will also make it more difficult for Celtic to get any of our kids, especially when Gerrard is keen on the ‘Welsh Salah’ too. 

There’s no point letting Wilson go up there though, he’d score eighty goals in that league as he’s fucking boss. He’d get 25 in the Championship providing he was at a decent team. I’m not sure he’s ready to compete for a spot here yet, but he might be and I really hope he is. Whether he stays here or not depends on if we sign Shaqiri I reckon. No room for both of them in the squad.  

Sunday Jul 1… 

Pre-season starts tomorrow and Buvac won’t be there, which tells us what we knew already. He’s not coming back. Nor should he really. Whatever his reasons, he walked out at the worst possible time for us and that’s got to be difficult for Klopp to get past. I’d love to know what their relationship is now, whether they’ve even spoken since he left. It’s all very sad really. Leaving the ramifications to LFC out of it, they’ve been mates for years so this is a shitty situation for them both. 

Southampton are the latest club linked with Ings. It’s going to be interesting to see how much we get for him if he leaves. If it’s Southampton the price needs to go up given how hard a bargain they’ve always driven with us. The only time we didn’t get shafted was with Clyne. There was a ‘Liverpool tax’ on every other deal we’ve struck with them so hopefully we take that into account if they want Ings or anyone else. 

Meanwhile, in Egypt… someone posted Mo’s home address on Facebook and hundreds of fans showed up outside his house. What did Mo do? Came out and posed for photos and chatted with them of course. This world doesn’t deserve Mo Salah. More to the point, Mo Salah deserves better than this world. What kind of fucked up world allows that Ramos / Salah thing to go down the way it did. If fans turned up outside Ramos’ house he’d set the dogs on them. 

week26_1.jpg

RK: "Paper beats rock. You're rooming with Karius!"

DO: "Wait, best of three?"

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

Don't know what it is about our club, but our managers always seem to end up parting ways with long-time loyal assistants. Bergues left to pursue a management career right when we might have been on the cusp of something really special with Houllier. Ayesteran fell out with Rafa not long after we lost the CL final in 2007 (Rafa was mad at everybody following that game, and even grew his now customary goatee to up the badass factor). Rodgers got shut of Pascoe in order to keep his job here in 2015 (which lasted for only a couple of months longer anyway). And now Buvac and Klopp have parted company. Given how there has been nothing to suggest it's temporary, you have to assume it's permanent. The telling thing is that these managers and assistants have never paired up again after leaving Liverpool, so I don't see Klopp and Buvac working together in future either.

• Upvote 1

Nail on the head with the summary of Karius.

Our first friendly match of the season he makes a mistake in the warm up before the match and it went viral on social media.

As soon as he makes a mistake in a league game there’s going to be a big split in our fanbase, pressure put on klopp and unbelievable pressure put on karius.

I’m sure karius will pretend cry a few tears and in a few days do another Instagram video to sort everything out again.

Over a million views on that video of him in the warm up. And that's just the start.

Had people arguing with me on twitter yesterday, I just think people are so naive at times. It's debatable whether Karius is even any good, but that isn't even the issue anymore.

Even if he plays great he'll still make a mistake as it goes with the job. And when he does, the reaction to it will be massively overblown. And if he doesn't play well, fucking hell can you imagine?

The whole is already a circus.

• Upvote 1

Missed the England game, preferring to spend a sunny afternoon at the Chester Swansway stadium. There were quite loud cheers when the two England goals were announced over the PA system - however, there was more than a smattering of boos when Delle Ali was confirmed as scorer of the 2nd!

• Upvote 1

If ,as seems likely, Mig is on his way then we have to buy a keeper regardless of Karius' position as Jurgen seems to not rate Ward. My bet is we'll buy someone like Butland who'll compete for the spot.

Over a million views on that video of him in the warm up. And that's just the start.

Had people arguing with me on twitter yesterday, I just think people are so naive at times. It's debatable whether Karius is even any good, but that isn't even the issue anymore.

Even if he plays great he'll still make a mistake as it goes with the job. And when he does, the reaction to it will be massively overblown. And if he doesn't play well, fucking hell can you imagine?

The whole is already a circus.

In one.  It's going to be a nightmare for him and the club next season if we carry on with this.