You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Has Phil Thompson lost the plot?

Was aRdja right all along?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Who’s better?

7 hours ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

I’m not really sure what there is to discuss? You seem to want me to go back and quote things you’ve admitted to doing, and everybody knows you have done many times. You bleated I’m about Maguire relentlessly for ages, and have yourself a hearty pat on the back about him when he was sold for a ridiculous price to United, and you also bump threads to give yourself a pat on the back about other things all the time. Inpassing, I saw how poorly he is going down with United fans for all the reasons I mentioned a hundred times to you previously - he wouldn’t fit Liverpool, he’s slow, he turns like a tanker, he’s positionally poor, etc. What’s left to discuss? Are you saying we didn’t have those discussions and that you didn’t pat yourself in the back and that you don’t bump/quote your own posts? you are denying that then fine, I can’t be bothered to search the forum for them just to make you look daft. It’s really not worth the effort. 

I’m just genuinely intrigued as to which posts of mine set you off? You claimed that I bumped old posts patting myself on the back about Maguire, I just don’t recall ever doing that. In terms of Maguire himself, he’s still a good defender. Since I started the Maguire ‘project’, he’s gone on to captain United a number of times, had teams invest close to £100m in him, and he’s clearly at the moment their best defender. They were hoping for someone like Van Dijk and that was never going to happen. I would’ve been happy if Klopp brought him in for £40m-£50m, as I’ve said before. I would’ve been happier, if we bought him for £12m; the price Leicester paid for him.

I accept that you can’t be bothered doing making the effort now, though a bit weird that you could be bothered searching through numerous comments on Maguire in other forum to start off this discussion though. if this is about ‘shaming’ me for making bad transfer calls, as I said earlier, there are much much better targets NV; Hendrick, Brady, and Allen.... even Mina now. I don’t really get why you’d wanna do that as I think it’s a bit of an odd thing to do in a football forum where people discuss potential transfer targets genuinely without care. Also you’ve done this before btw, re; Gini Wijnaldum, which I found very strange at the time. Do you do this kind of thing to other posters too or just me out of interest?

23 minutes ago, Soft Joe said:

Can you boring cunts please stop ruining threads with this Maguire discussion? No one cares. The Ole thread is impossible to masturbate to now. I genuinely wanted to know if Phil Thompson had lost the plot.

Lol, this thread was created to discuss Maguire!

• Downvote 1

40 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Every Liverpool fan I know finds it funny as fuck they've spunked 80m on that yard dog. 

I also thought and said so at the time that it was too jnuch for a player of his quality. He’s not a better defender than Van Dijk and never will be in a million years.

46 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I accept that you can’t be bothered doing making the effort now, though a bit weird that you could be bothered searching through numerous comments on Maguire in other forum to start off this discussion though. 

At times I feel like your reading comprehension skills aren’t where they need to be. I’ve already told you very clearly that I didn’t ‘trawl’ through anything or make effort to ‘search through numerous comments on Maguire on another forum’. I read one page of a Maguire thread on the front page of redcafe. As you have clapped yourself on the back a number of times about it, I thought I’d show you what they think of him. You and I had many discussions about the suitability of Maguire, with me saying he’s too slow and unsuitable and you wanking about him for years. I thought it relevant, considering how you threw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back about it, lots of their fans now agree that he’s slow and unsuitable.

if this is about ‘shaming’ me for making bad transfer calls, as I said earlier

And as I said earlier, it’s nothing to do with shaming you, it’s about reading something and remembering your self aggrandisement. If you’re going to deny you patted yourself on the back about it, then I’m happy to pretend I made it up and it didn’t happen because I can’t even be bothered to click the search bar over it. If, like I did with the Maguire thread, I see it on the front page and immediately it’s right there, I’ll link you to it and call you out for pretending it didn’t happen. What you can stop doing now is naming every other player who has ever played the game in an attempt to make out as if I’m doing something other than posting a thing about Maguire and you patting yourself on the back about it. 

Also you’ve done this before btw, re; Gini Wijnaldum, which I found very strange at the time. Do you do this kind of thing to other posters too or just me out of interest?

Is it just you?! Is it just you?!? You just quoted me in a thread where I quoted more than just you. 

Yeah, just you. 

Oh... so I read down a few posts on that link you sent. 

Yep. More than made up with your great Maguire call. Well In, you’re the greatest. They love him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 minute ago, viRdjil said:

That’s probably fair, Everton did pay £30m for Michael Keane. I’d say Maguire is a much superior defender though. 

I actually might agree on this point. Still,neither are worth anywhere near their respective transfer fees and Maguire isnt worth Kean's fee either. Madness gone,eerr,mad.

19 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

At times I feel like your reading comprehension skills aren’t where they need to be. I’ve already told you very clearly that I didn’t ‘trawl’ through anything or make effort to ‘search through numerous comments on Maguire on another forum’. I read one page of a Maguire thread on the front page of redcafe. As you have clapped yourself on the back a number of times about it, I thought I’d show you what they think of him. You and I had many discussions about the suitability of Maguire, with me saying he’s too slow and unsuitable and you wanking about him for years. I thought it relevant, considering how you threw your shoulder out patting yourself on the back about it, lots of their fans now agree that he’s slow and unsuitable.

And as I said earlier, it’s nothing to do with shaming you, it’s about reading something and remembering your self aggrandisement. If you’re going to deny you patted yourself on the back about it, then I’m happy to pretend I made it up and it didn’t happen because I can’t even be bothered to click the search bar over it. If, like I did with the Maguire thread, I see it on the front page and immediately it’s right there, I’ll link you to it and call you out for pretending it didn’t happen. What you can stop doing now is naming every other player who has ever played the game in an attempt to make out as if I’m doing something other than posting a thing about Maguire and you patting yourself on the back about it. 

Is it just you?! Is it just you?!? You just quoted me in a thread where I quoted more than just you. 

Yeah, just you. 

Oh... so I read down a few posts on that link you sent. 

Yep. More than made up with your great Maguire call. Well In, you’re the greatest. They love him. 

You clearly had an agenda as you only posted the comments saying the bad things straight after the loss against Watford. There are loads of positive posts in that thread of which you forgot to screenshot e.g., after the Spurs game. I’m starting to think it’s less to do with Maguire if I’m honest, and more to do with me... as you’ve done it before in the past on numerous topics e.g., you went back 2-3 years to find old posts of mine in that Gini thread!

8 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

You clearly had an agenda as you only posted the comments saying the bad things straight after the loss against Watford. There are loads of positive posts in that thread of which you forgot to screenshot e.g., after the Spurs game. I’m starting to think it’s less to do with Maguire if I’m honest, and more to do with me... as you’ve done it before in the past on numerous topics e.g., you went back 2-3 years to find old posts of mine in that Gini thread!

Good stuff. 

12 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I’d happily give credit to the first person who mentioned Robertson here. Was it @The Woolster?

And its only taken you 2 years to rep it the actual post...!

To be honest, I don't know if I was the first on here to suggest him, but I sure as hell made sure I was the one who took credit for it!

To be fair, the first person I actually saw mention him was Roy Henderson when he was on RAWK years and years ago when Robertson was at Dundee Utd, he was raving about him, so I kept an eye on him when he joined Hull.