You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hernia

Scott_M

• 1 year later...

Got a hiatal hernia which normally doesn’t cause me any problems, flares up a little every 3/4 days and I just take a 20mg Omeprazole tablet and it sorts it out. 

Been playing up constantly the last couple of days and the Omeprazole isn’t helping so phoned the GP then. He says double the Omeprazole and it should calm down, then as an aside says “oh, and remember don’t eat white bread, pastry, cakes, sweets, chocolate, anything spicy and don’t drink anything alcoholic, fizzy drinks, tea or coffee and try not to eat too early in the morning and don’t eat anything after 5pm, but you should be doing all this anyway”. 

Think I’m going to have to learn to live with the pain.

35 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Got a hiatal hernia which normally doesn’t cause me any problems, flares up a little every 3/4 days and I just take a 20mg Omeprazole tablet and it sorts it out. 

Been playing up constantly the last couple of days and the Omeprazole isn’t helping so phoned the GP then. He says double the Omeprazole and it should calm down, then as an aside says “oh, and remember don’t eat white bread, pastry, cakes, sweets, chocolate, anything spicy and don’t drink anything alcoholic, fizzy drinks, tea or coffee and try not to eat too early in the morning and don’t eat anything after 5pm, but you should be doing all this anyway”. 

Are you only getting medicated or are you booked in for surgery? That sounds shite mate

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

Are you only getting medicated or are you booked in for surgery? That sounds shite mate

Got diagnosed with it in 2013 or 2014 I think and they said it’s only small so surgery isn’t necessary. The Omeprazole has sorted it so far. 

Obviously if it enlarges or the pain doesn’t go away it might have worsened and could need surgery. Not really keen on going into hospital for tests or surgery though at the minute for obvious reasons. 

2 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

So you won't be needing that beer machine after all. Don't worry mate I'll pay for postage and send you a bucket of fruit.

51 minutes ago, Elite said:

So you won't be needing that beer machine after all. Don't worry mate I'll pay for postage and send you a bucket of fruit.

Fuck that. This just makes me want the beer machine even more so you can stick that basket of fruit up Mooks arse. Make sure there’s a pineapple in it. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

Fuck that. This just makes me want the beer machine even more so you can stick that basket of fruit up Mooks arse. Make sure there’s a pineapple in it. 

Noted. Maybe a water melon too, I'm sure he can handle the girth.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John102 said:

I got one few months back doing fire drill training with a lad in wheel chair.

Had surgery but now got weird point to my stomach. 

Ball ache.

Got one done in 2015 and thought I was lucky getting done privately on the NHS. Small incision they said , fuck me the scar is horrendous,  I look like I have borrowed the pelvic region of Frankensteins monster.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Got one done in 2015 and thought I was lucky getting done privately on the NHS. Small incision they said , fuck me the scar is horrendous,  I look like I have borrowed the pelvic region of Frankensteins monster.

They didn't swap your cock and balls for a bolt and some nuts did they?

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Elite said:

They didn't swap your cock and balls for a bolt and some nuts did they?

Legend has it that when Mrs Roger tongues his balls, it feels like licking the end of a battery

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Seeing I started the thread, I’m sure your all thrilled to know my hernia wasn’t a hernia. I had an ultrasound and that and there was nothing there.

I got referred to some other clinic and they did a few scans but nothing showed up there either.

I still have a bruise pain in the same position. It’s not sore or particularly uncomfortable but I know it’s there. Guess it’s something I’ll just have to live with. 

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Seeing I started the thread, I’m sure your all thrilled to know my hernia wasn’t a hernia. I had an ultrasound and that and there was nothing there.

I got referred to some other clinic and they did a few scans but nothing showed up there either.

I still have a bruise pain in the same position. It’s not sore or particularly uncomfortable but I know it’s there. Guess it’s something I’ll just have to live with. 

Sounds like bad shithouse dog aids to me mate.

RIP,  YNWA etc

26 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

Thank fuck for that. I can relax now. 

Nah that sounds like a nightmare. I used to have something in near my collarbone that flared up when I did press-ups when I was younger. Really annoying when I was doing my Navy training. It just went away eventually. Weird.