You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Road to the champions league final

Kevin D

One of the downsides of being the greatest football team of all time is that any final we lose naturally invalidates the run it took to get us there. Even when the road included beating very good teams, great atmosphere and perfect football.

As we all know, we've been under a curse since Parry and Moores did what they did, but as we've played really well at times, I thought I should throw open a thread for some of the best nights on our 08/09 - 13/14 in the league, 2012 Fa cup, league cup 2016, Uefa cup 2016, and European cup 2018 runs

• Upvote 1

Same as 2014 when we nearly won the league. We lost which is gutting but the road was fucking great and I wouldn't change it. We reminded everyone who we are this season. Incase they forgot. Carry it into next season and we will fucking clean up.

Won't be the last run we'll see.  Klopp will build a fnatastic cup team for us but will never be given the funds to go beyond that.

Just as long as the fans don't start demanding league titles when we're punching above our weight as it is.  They've already turned on him in both the last seasons.

What the heck.

Take this.

For some strange reason the 5-2 against Fulham is one of my most memorable games.

Probably because we got rid of Hodgson, and Daglish came in and just started to realise how much of a freak Suarez was.

• Upvote 1

Same as 2014 when we nearly won the league. We lost which is gutting but the road was fucking great and I wouldn't change it. We reminded everyone who we are this season. Incase they forgot. Carry it into next season and we will fucking clean up.

Shut up and dance.

Less talk and more clips:

What the heck.

Take this.

For some strange reason the 5-2 against Fulham is one of my most memorable games.

Probably because we got rid of Hodgson, and Daglish came in and just started to realise how much of a freak Suarez was.

Mascherano and Spearing holding, Kuyt, Gerrard and Maxi supporting Suarez. I think it was the first night that the Maxi Rodriguez song was echoing around.

Fulham away is always a nice day out, glad they got promoted.

Highly amusing seeing pricks behind goal giving Luis dogs abuse when he misses...that stupid arms outstretched stuff, "wanker" signs etc...then the same faces gutted when he smashes in a few seconds later.

Can you imagine how great it would be if that had happened at Goodison, instead?

I would have to get his face tattooed over my face in honour of the glorious occasion.  

• Upvote 1

Can you imagine how great it would be if that had happened at Goodison, instead?

I would have to get his face tattooed over my face in honour of the glorious occasion.

I reckon he would have made about £2.75 from the empties and a lonsdale trab.

Highly amusing seeing pricks behind goal giving Luis dogs abuse when he misses...that stupid arms outstretched stuff, "wanker" signs etc...then the same faces gutted when he smashes in a few seconds later.

Yeah, that's what makes one of my favourite Suarez goals. Loads of his goals were both brilliant and hilarious, the dive in front of Moyes at the pit for example

Yeah, that's what makes one of my favourite Suarez goals. Loads of his goals were both brilliant and hilarious, the dive in front of Moyes at the pit for example

Brilliant.

Just watched that goal at Norwich again and he gives those meffs behind the goal plenty when he does score.

Loved him the mad genius.

Mascherano and Spearing holding, Kuyt, Gerrard and Maxi supporting Suarez. I think it was the first night that the Maxi Rodriguez song was echoing around.

Fulham away is always a nice day out, glad they got promoted.

Sub in Raul Meireles for Masch mate.

Masch had long jumped ship.

The Maxi song was great that day.