You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Walking / Hiking

Bjornebye

Gluehwein is for advent markets, not for hiking. If you want to replace your beer with something hot during the winter hikes, then go with a hot chocolate laced with rum

Only say that because I drank a shit load in soll when I went ski'ing. Austria is ace snowy but I'd love to go in the summer.

Did Moel Saibod today with some folks from work. Great time, no dickheads, fantastic day out.

ff3af6d71bcb867100fa7d91aac3b9e4.jpg

0461b8bcc19d9cf11f6c7639edffb5d2.jpg

85a2138104056f9374d6b531b18c7168.jpg

342bcbf734cf57fc1fc90c12ee1f2b99.jpg

Cracking walk that, did you scramble up the side or take the easier route around the back?

I took my Mrs a couple of years ago, thinking it was an easy scramble and she'd be fine. I was very, very, wrong. Fucking fruitcake was nearly in tears and we had to abandon the scramble, much to my disgust, she even thought she was "going to fall off the mountain" on a steep part of the path.

• Upvote 1

Cracking walk that, did you scramble up the side or take the easier route around the back?

I took my Mrs a couple of years ago, thinking it was an easy scramble and she'd be fine. I was very, very, wrong. Fucking fruitcake was nearly in tears and we had to abandon the scramble, much to my disgust, she even thought she was "going to fall off the mountain" on a steep part of the path.

Scrambled. Was tough but made the reward at the top all the better.

• Upvote 2

Good man.

Would've written more last night but was shattered.

So we parked at Bryn-Glo and set off at about 10:30, right up to the main path.  We pretty much followed the route on https://www.ukhillwalking.com/logbook/r/?i=119 but the guy "leading" was quite experienced so we did meander about a bit.  Saw some beautiful lakes and mini water falls.  Scrambled up the face which was really challenging. 

One of the guys with us was a big fella and was blowing by the top but he made it so fair play to him.  We went over the first ridge, then down over the scree which was tough, I took a little tumble but nothing major, then back onto the path down and then to the Tyn-Y-Coed for pints and reflection.  All in all a fantastic day out which was surprising as it was with work people. 

• Upvote 2