You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Walking / Hiking

Bjornebye

2 hours ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

I'm five miles into today's walk. It's much harder going as this is proper trails unlike yesterday. It's pissing down and I'm currently taking shelter in a hun on the edge of a wildlife sanctuary. 

Going to have to get a move on now.

20201003_120126.jpg

Makes sure you get a thorough shower with bleach and acid afterwards

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Makes sure you get a thorough shower with bleach and acid afterwards

Haha. I've only just noticed that. 

Arrived at the accommodation bang on 3pm. A few miles less but just as tough.  Pissed down all the way but the all the waterproof stuff was worth the investment. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/Ac5aJqEIhab

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Haha. I've only just noticed that. 

Arrived at the accommodation bang on 3pm. A few miles less but just as tough.  Pissed down all the way but the all the waterproof stuff was worth the investment. 

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/Ac5aJqEIhab

Good work mate. Not the nicest day to be out walking weather wise. 

8 hours ago, Mook said:

Just looked on Strava & those Romans must've been fucking pished, they've missed the actual border by a good 20 miles there.

Some effort though Dougie.

I was reading up on a few things wall last night while in the Twice Brewed Inn having my tea.

Apparently it's a bit of a myth that it was intended as a border. It is where it is as it was deemed the best lay of the land to build it.

Anyway, off to Gilslabd today. It's supposed to be 9.6 miles but it also takes me over the highest section of the wall at Winshiels Crags.

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Champ said:

What’s the accommodation been like?

It's been better than I expected. Sad thing is, I'm seeing the effects of covid restrictions full on.

Place I stayed on Friday I was the only one there. 

Saturday's accommodation only a handful in and the bar & restaurant was practically empty.

Sunday and yesterday's, I was the only one in again.

Tonight's only three people staying.  

So sad to see.

Anyway. Another day chalked off.

https://strava.app.link/Hmi4foaKmab

Mostly down hill but mainly over rugged torraine and it's taking its toll on my aching feet.

Off to Brampton tomorrow where I apparently leave the best of the wall behind me.

• Upvote 3