You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Walking / Hiking

Bjornebye

3 hours ago, easytoslip said:

It must be good having some of the places shown quite handy to have a good ramble, used to love walking miles in North Wales and around the River Alt as a kid though the latter you were probably on someone's land so running was often involved. 

Where are you that there’s nowhere to walk?

2 minutes ago, Champ said:

Where are you that there’s nowhere to walk?

I'm in Southampton city centre, there is places outside its just getting there, like the New Forest as mentioned. 

I need to start some sort of exercise even its just a stroll down the waterfront, I once stayed in the Regent on the Dock Road and one morning I got up and walked for miles past old house  haunts and school etc then made way back down the cut, it seemed nothing as I was reminiscing and it was good but can't really do that here. 

A new pair of bins are needed too as like to see what birds are about, feathered of course. 

The Hampshire country side is nice though. 

I'm almost at the point of no return now. Spent on things I wouldn't usually spend on other than this. 

Spoke to the travel agency people today and I'm happy with the answers to my questions. 

Put my holiday request from in today.  Only thing left is for me to cough up the money. 

Still thinking it's a bit pricey though, especially in this climate. 

• Upvote 1

I think you do pay a premium for these things. Mr C scoffed at the idea of paying a company to organise a straightforward trip but in the end was sold with just having someone else take your bags and provide transport in an isolated part of the country.

If you want to do the trip and you can afford it, do it. What else have you spent money on this year?

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/09/2020 at 01:30, Champ said:

I’ve not done it. I’d like to. 
This feels like a series, Dougie Does...

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

I’d get a guide book and use that rather than a map. It’ll be windy. 

Can't wait for the Dallas episode.

23 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

Thanks Cath.

Drove up to Bowness on Solway this morning and parked my car.

Bus to Carlisle and now on the train to Newcastle. 

Start walking tomorrow. 

You know what you said about not minding the rain...

On 17/09/2020 at 19:25, easytoslip said:

I'm in Southampton city centre, there is places outside its just getting there, like the New Forest as mentioned. 

I need to start some sort of exercise even its just a stroll down the waterfront, I once stayed in the Regent on the Dock Road and one morning I got up and walked for miles past old house  haunts and school etc then made way back down the cut, it seemed nothing as I was reminiscing and it was good but can't really do that here. 

A new pair of bins are needed too as like to see what birds are about, feathered of course. 

The Hampshire country side is nice though. 

You've got some of the best walking places in the UK right on your doorstep mate. 100 Acre Woods is a cracker. 

https://www.alltrails.com/trail/england/hampshire/wickham-and-100-acre-woods