You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (Jun 9-15 2018)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday Jun 9… 

This Fekir thing is depressing. There are all sorts of conflicting stories coming out, mostly because the majority of those on Twitter (especially the French) pretending to know what’s going on haven’t got a fucking clue. I tend to disregard most of what I read unless it’s coming from the LFC beat reporters, and the word from them is we pulled out because of the medical. Obviously Liverpool can’t comment on that because medical results are confidential, but their silence speaks volumes. 

I’m gutted though, I was convinced he was going to be a proper superstar for us. Those youtube clips are a fucking curse, remind me never to watch them again until a deal is over the line. Hopefully this isn’t dead in the water and it’s just a case of us needing more time to examine the medical aspect of it. The World Cup put a deadline on it and if we had any doubts then we couldn’t be rushed into anything, but maybe the issue won’t turn out to be that serious and we’ll still get him. 

Meanwhile, Can and Flanagan head a long list of players who have now left the club. The other day there was another report of Can being on the brink of announcing a deal with Juve, yet once again it didn’t happen. What’s the delay here, it’s weird? He’s a free agent now so if, IF, he’s had this deal in place for months (as the Italian press have been claiming) how come he isn’t in Turin today leaning on something and posing with a Juve shirt? It’s all a bit strange. What the fuck is he playing at? 

Sunday Jun 10… 

Mo responds to the comments from Ramos last week. As you’d expect, he was very dignified about it all and wouldn’t get involved in any controversy, but he did refute the claim by Ramos that he told him everything was fine. So we can add ‘liar’ to the Madrid man’s rap sheet too. 

Meanwhile, with the Fekir thing perhaps not dead in the water but certainly floundering and in need of a life belt, the talk is now turning to alternatives. The reliable sources have mentioned Lanzini, who thankfully did his ACL last week so is now off the menu. I say thankfully, and I feel bad about that as I wish him no harm, but signing him isn’t something I’d be on board with.

He’s the very epitome of a Poundland Coutinho. I mean, he’s basically the same player just not as good. We can’t be doing that. You don’t get better by selling a player and buying a worse version of him. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the full article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

• Upvote 3

Hopeful Neymar’s exposure on this stage will rocket him to real mainstream shithead status.

Noticed a mate of mine who knows almost nothing about football couldn’t stop saying what a cunt he is last night, for example. It’s one great way a World Cup can unite us all, by increasing our shared understanding of the type of sporting individual we prefer to hate on while eating snack foods.

“Andrew Ridgeley-haired cunt” also got a laugh from everyone including several females who weren’t even watching the television with us.

• Upvote 3