You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

E3 2018

Allan

Expecting any news in relation to PS4 Pro. I was looking at upgrading but told to wait until E3 

Sony's conference is on Monday night (02:00 BST Tuesday morning).

Not aware of any hardware announcements other than the Days of Play sale that is going on now, which includes price reductions to some consoles.

Defo nothing to lose by waiting until the Sony conference to see if they announce anything.

• Upvote 1

This is a good site for anyone wanting to catch up on new games that have been announced : https://2018.e3recap.com/

And this is my favourite so far, one I've been waiting years for. From the makers of The Witcher series :

Good to see Bethesda have finally announced Elder Scrolls 6 as well. The teaser gave next to nothing though and was just a shot of some mountains so it could still be a while off yet. They're also making a space game called Starfield, so will be looking forward to seeing what that turns out like too.

This is a good site for anyone wanting to catch up on new games that have been announced : https://2018.e3recap.com/

And this is my favourite so far, one I've been waiting years for. From the makers of The Witcher series :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X2kIfS6fb8

Good to see Bethesda have finally announced Elder Scrolls 6 as well. The teaser gave next to nothing though and was just a shot of some mountains so it could still be a while off yet. They're also making a space game called Starfield, so will be looking forward to seeing what that turns out like too.

Starfield is apparently being developed for next generation consoles so they must already exist and presumably will be Playstation 5 and Xbox Two.

Starfield is apparently being developed for next generation consoles so they must already exist and presumably will be Playstation 5 and Xbox Two.

Don't think it'll be xbox two. People are subliminally attracted to the product with the higher number. Xbox 2 vs ps5.

That's why iPhone went to X as soon as the Samsung galaxy phones started catching up because a galaxy s9 sounds better than iPhone 8.

Xbox 360 initially outsold PS3, with this gen they tried to be too clever by thinking number one would sound like its the best, ranked 1st, but ps4 sounds better than xbox one.

If they were clever they'd call it xbox 6 for shits and giggles, would fuck sony's day right up.

Sounds too simplistic but there's plenty more examples where this happens.

Hopefully Nintendo talk up some good shit. Apparently there is a Star Fox Grand Prix on the way - F-Zero vs Mario Kart type game.

Assume there will be more on Metroid. They reckon FIFA’19 has improved dramatically. Fortnite is coming as coming as well apparently.

Hopefully Nintendo talk up some good shit. Apparently there is a Star Fox Grand Prix on the way - F-Zero vs Mario Kart type game.

Assume there will be more on Metroid. They reckon FIFA’19 has improved dramatically. Fortnite is coming as coming as well apparently.

As early as tomorrow, if internet rumours are to be believed.

Have probably found this the most interesting of the games I'd not heard of until this E3 and that won't take ages to be released. It's from the makers of Quantum Break and will be out on PS4/Xbox One/PC next year. From the youtube description :

Control: You are Jesse Faden, a young woman with a troubled past. You become the new Director of the Bureau of Control – Our frontline in researching and fighting against supernatural enemies like the Hiss threatening our very existence. You’ll uncover the secret activities of the Bureau agents and explore the strange and shifting halls of the Bureau’s headquarters, The Oldest House. Unlock new abilities with Objects of Power and upgrade your Service Weapon to take on bigger and more powerful enemies. Venture into lost sectors in the challenging Expeditions mode. Solve puzzles and complete quests to discover the secret of Jesse’s past and the true purpose of the Bureau of Control. Above all, you must defeat the relentless Hiss.

http://www.controlgame.com/

So I see. Is it a good game? Never played it or actually know anything about it!

There are 2 parts to the game, the paid part, Save The World, and the free to play part, Battle Royale, which is pretty much the most played game on the planet right now.

I've only played Battle Royale myself. The game itself is very well executed. My reactions are not quick enough to be any good at the game, so I get frustrated with it quickly.

• 1 year later...