You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watching footie on the tele just got more expensive.

A good IPTV stream is almost indiscernible from sky.

Of course there are shit one's, as they're not regulated but if you do a bit of reading you can usually find the right ones. I never pay annually so if a service goes to shit after a few months, I'll just switch.

It's a little bit more hassle than paying sky in terms of time invested. But fuck paying sky and bt and now Amazon. Fuck them in thier stupid asses.

Looking at all those shitty kick off times especially the Friday night and Saturday 7.45 ones just makes me all the more glad I binned my season tkt the other season.

It's disgusting the way they just fuck match going people around like this, how are you supposed to plan anything with family or friends during the season when you know most games are going to be moved yet it's at the whim of the TV people every few months.

The sooner this blows up in their greedy faces the better.  

Looking at all those shitty kick off times especially the Friday night and Saturday 7.45 ones just makes me all the more glad I binned my season tkt the other season.

It's disgusting the way they just fuck match going people around like this, how are you supposed to plan anything with family or friends during the season when you know most games are going to be moved yet it's at the whim of the TV people every few months.

The sooner this blows up in their greedy faces the better.  

Looks like Sunday kick offs are going to be 2pm and 4.30pm for televised games from the new deal.

The Americans have this sorted quite well for nfl in my opinion.

All the different broadcasters exist, Fox has Thursday night games, cbs, nbc and espn all have their share, some stream online through nfl network, but they can all be watched through one app on gamepass, which you can subscribe to.

For £100 a year or so, I can watch any game (though I need a vpn if the game I want is live on sky here) in perfect quality, able to pause, catchup, start then broadcast late, etc and get access to rewatch any of them later.

If the premier league followed that model I’d probably pay for that - well I probably wouldn’t now but would’ve two or three years ago - but they won’t, and if they did you know it’d be £500 a year or something.

All the different broadcasters exist, Fox has Thursday night games, cbs, nbc and espn all have their share, some stream online through nfl network, but they can all be watched through one app on gamepass, which you can subscribe to.

For £100 a year or so, I can watch any game (though I need a vpn if the game I want is live on sky here) in perfect quality, able to pause, catchup, start then broadcast late, etc and get access to rewatch any of them later.

If the premier league followed that model I’d probably pay for that - well I probably wouldn’t now but would’ve two or three years ago - but they won’t, and if they did you know it’d be £500 a year or something.

Not just the NFL, Bob, but pretty much all American sports. Its easier for me to watch every game of a short-season, MiLB small town team than it is to watch every Liverpool game.

That sounds sensible,and is basically what these IPTV subs do.

When I last used a subscription based service it was Sportsmania, considered to be among the very best. The image quality was still poor compared to the proper alternative.

Didn’t Sportsmania give up the ghost like 18 months ago? Things have moved on since then. Read the thread on the Techy forum.