You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xherdan Shaqiri

Guest Alex_K

I’d be interested in a list of forward players who — at Dortmund & Liverpool — people feel Klopp got wrong. Reus, Lewandowski, Mane, Salah, Aubameyang .. for a manger who over those years typically sold-to-buy (incl at us so far) it’s nuts. Even Immobile who wasn’t great at Dortmund, has been a Serie A top of the charts striker before and since.

Moral of the story: what Klopp says on forwards goes.

We can score lots of different types of goals obviously, but the type of goal we don't score since Coutinho left are goals outside the box. Those goals are a massive help against bus parkers, and Fekir and Shaqiri would bring that back. Even Keita looks like the type who can scores those types of goals.

The percentage of total team goals scored by our front three needs to drop considerably, and it looks like it will with these signings. I still feel bringing in Shaqiri should not be considered toward the quota of top class players we bring in though especially given how cheap he would be. Meaning if we were planning to bring in two top class attacking players, we should still bring another one in after Fekir. Shaqiri should be purely to make the bench look half decent.

Hearing that Klopp believes it’s a deal that would suit all parties. The Magic Dwarf is impressed with the affable German and sees this as an opportunity to step out of Charlie Adam’s shadow and create his own reputation as a big club heavyweight.

• Upvote 1

Providing that we get our main targets, which is looking very promising I have no problem with this signing. In footballing terms £12m is fuck all so it's a low risk gamble and if he flops I am certain we'd be able to sell him for more than we paid for him.

• Upvote 3

Agreed. Its a squad game these days and you need a squad of 20-22, especially as competing on 4 fronts. We need a trophy of some description next season.

I think people (myself included) were worried we'd be linked with the likes of Fekir and end up with Shaqiri instead, as we've been burned many times in the past by missing out on top players and buying shite instead but when we are getting our top targets, adding Shaqiri is like sprinkling some icing sugar on the delicious cake we've already got.

• Upvote 1

Hearing that Klopp believes it’s a deal that would suit all parties. The Magic Dwarf is impressed with the affable German and sees this as an opportunity to step out of Charlie Adam’s shadow and create his own reputation as a big club heavyweight.

Hearing cold water has already been poured on the aforementioned deal.

The Dwarf Magician should be his default name.

Anyone referring to Shaqs, Shaq, Shaqiri Shaqiri or Xherdan is automatically deported to Stoke.

Agreed. Anybody referring to the Shaqman with any of those names should be punished. The Shaqmeister deserves more respect than that.

Anyway, any news on the potential transfer of Shaqattack?