Quantcast
Xherdan Shaqiri - Page 52 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Captain Turdseye

Xherdan Shaqiri

On 14/02/2020 at 15:25, Philtrum said:

I don't know what he's doing but that receding hairline has recovered miraculously while he's been 'injured' 

Hair today gone next season 

The guy played like 250 minutes of football last season. Of course he is on his way out.

Wilson, Grujic and Brewster are as well. The only reason Origi isn't is because no one will take him.

I would get rid of all to bring in another quality forward in a heartbeat, and that is with Jota looking pretty handy.

He would have done a far better job in the midfield than Wilson.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Shame. I'd sell a few others way before Shaq.

If someone offer 20 million, sell him!

Good player, but doesnt seem to entirely fit our system. And more importantly is fit for about 15 minutes a year.

Klopp on why Shaqiri didn’t play:

“I cannot and don't want to say anything about that. The only thing, he's not injured and there were no disciplinary reasons. So he didn't do anything wrong. It's just the time of the year where sometimes the manager gets some information and then I have to react on that. We will see what happens.”

They should do a series of "Can't pay, won't pay" just based on Italian clubs in the transfer market. 

Just a load of grocks going round on a Tuesday morning and trying to phone the owners who've mysteriously fucked off. A load of hand gestures, throat slitting motions and abuse about their mothers follow until they realise they can't stall the payment any longer. When they threaten to take the turnstiles and goalposts some gimp turns up with a suitcase full of euros.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The guy played like 250 minutes of football last season. Of course he is on his way out.

Wilson, Grujic and Brewster are as well. The only reason Origi isn't is because no one will take him.

I would get rid of all to bring in another quality forward in a heartbeat, and that is with Jota looking pretty handy.

He would have done a far better job in the midfield than Wilson.

Brewster to stay. Expect to see Wilson and Grujic go - there’s no space for them. But Brewster will benefit from Jota’s arrival and Minamito settling, as he won’t be a ‘You have to hit the ground running because it’s you or Origi’ option. 

Even with his injury record, I'll be sorry to see Shaq ship out because he can be animpact player. Think his card was marked though when Jurgen hoyed him off against Southampton at half time after scoring 2(?).

1 hour ago, Marko121 said:

Klopp on why Shaqiri didn’t play:

“I cannot and don't want to say anything about that. The only thing, he's not injured and there were no disciplinary reasons. So he didn't do anything wrong. It's just the time of the year where sometimes the manager gets some information and then I have to react on that. We will see what happens.”

Been quoted as this too...

On Xherdan Shaqiri's absence from the squad: "Some were not involved. It is the time of the year when some things happen in the background and you have to react - that is what we did."

Very similar quote, but really suggests a bid has come in.

2 hours ago, The Guest said:

I don’t think Klopp ever fancied him and the club signed him because he was so cheap.

I don’t think that’s true. We tried to accommodate him by changing our formation to 4-2-3-1, however the main issue is that he’s never fit enough.

He can’t usually produce when in the starting line up and doesn’t track back enough for Klopp