You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xherdan Shaqiri

This is OK. A lot of players in Klopp's early days were running themselves into the ground because they were trying to press indiscriminately. Last season quite often you would see one of the players moving quite slowly as others pressed (as if taking a break) but heading to a position where they can get involved again.

This Shaqiri lad has something about him and I think he would grow into the role at LFC. Klopp, if you're reading this get it done.

From what I’ve seen it’s more standing still with his thumb up his arse with a cob on because balls were not played to his feet.

Sign him up like for 12m

I’d sign him, but I doubt he’s short of offers from CL teams now.

Our sales pitch is different to others, we need him to run a lot and not start a lot of games. He may not agree to that.

I think he would start plenty of games for us. Having 5 players to rotate between 3 or 4 (depending on how we set up) positions is not a lot. He probably look at us and think fuck, thats the kind of football i want to play. Looks to be a perfect fit i would say.

Let's not get carried away here, he was good tonight but if he played that well week in week out Stoke wouldn't have been relegated.

I know I know, but like Balotelli for Italy in 2014.

But...I wonder if Shaqiri needs high stakes to get the best out of him, y’know, a ‘big game’. He didn’t get that at Stoke. I don’t think he really got that at Inter either, shite side playing for nothing.

His first season at Bayern was s bit underwhelming, but he was young and just stepped up from the Swiss league, that’s ok. He then got less games in the second season but got 7 in 27 games, so he was doing alright. Then the next season they brought in Lewandowski and he struggled to get game time ahead of Ribery and Robben, so was sold in January.

So...you can make an argument that he’s not had a clear run at a top club since his first season in Germany, when he was 21.

He can beat a man from a standing start, that’s worth £30m these days, a massive commodity. He can also play a mean through ball and can blam shots. I don’t see what’s not to like other than his name and our hang-ups.

We just need him to play against teams that imprisoned his dad.

Hassan Cheema

Hassan Cheema

@mediagag

·

2h

see this is the problem with trying to predict the World Cup. You can have years of data, but how do you calculate the motivation and focus of Kosovar emigrants against Serbia. No sample sizes or formulae for that

• Upvote 2