You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Xherdan Shaqiri

Over on Twitter Melissa Reddy said that signing Shaquiri would add depth.

I pointed out that his arse would add width.

Deep and wide, exactly how it should be. Are we still talking about football?

Sturridge would go for at least 10 mil, plus his wages would be higher than what Shaqiri would be on, so in financial terms it'd work out fine. Add to that Shaqiri would be actually available most of the time, he can take a good free kick and isn't a bad long range shot. I could think of worse options to bring on for the final 20 of a game. 

Sturridge would go for at least 10 mil, plus his wages would be higher than what Shaqiri would be on, so in financial terms it'd work out fine. Add to that Shaqiri would be actually available most of the time, he can take a good free kick and isn't a bad long range shot. I could think of worse options to bring on for the final 20 of a game.

I can't see anyone paying anything for Sturridge. Best we'll get is a free where someone is willing to pay his full wage.

I can't see anyone paying anything for Sturridge. Best we'll get is a free where someone is willing to pay his full wage.

That's quite possible. Aside from Sturridge, there are still enough fees to gain and wages to save from players contributing virtually nothing at the moment (Sturridge, Markovic, Origi) that would comfortably cover the Shaqiri transfer. 

Another thing is that Liverpool are on a nice little run of good pick-ups from relegated teams. If the little Swiss man can be somewhere between Gini and Robbo in terms of usefulness, the price being touted will be another bargain from the basement. 

He's tiny, fat and slow. How is he going to deputise for Mane or Salah exactly? He's a 'hug the touchline' type winger, not an inside forward.

His stats are rubbish. He's just been relegated. He wasn't even the standout player in that team and he's been hugely disrespectful to his team mates in the press and only turns up when he wants. Definition of a luxury player. Fuck the fuck off. 

2brpl8.gif

• Upvote 1