You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (May 26 - Jun 1 2018)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday May 26… 

L 1 Madrid 3 Fuck off. Just fuck off. Why did it have to go down like that? If we’d gone out there, given it a right good go and come up short that would be fine. No problem, dust ourselves off and go again next year. Instead we have to live with the regrets. Regrets that Sergio Ramos’ arl fella never pulled out, and regrets that we never properly addressed the goalkeeping position despite having had years to do it. 

We already knew the football Gods were sick bastards who enjoy watching us suffer. The Gerrard slip proved that beyond all doubt. Losing the title in that way, a couple of weeks after he was shouting “this does not slip now” was beyond cruel. That shit doesn’t happen unless there’s some fucker somewhere writing a script for it. This felt the same. 

The nicest lad in football being deliberately taken out by the sport’s biggest bastard. The same bastard then elbows our keeper in the head who two minutes later he commits the biggest brainfart in final history. This kind of thing doesn’t just happen. Someone is writing these storylines and whoever it is, they’ve got a right fucking hard on for the Reds for some reason. 

We’re better than them and if Mo doesn’t go off we win. Nothing will ever convince me otherwise. It doesn’t matter now though, they’ve won three in a row basically because they’re a gang of snide, devious fucks who seem to get every bit of luck going. I mean fucking hell, look at their run this year. Jammiest bastards ever. 

They get drawn against PSG, and Neymar gets injured and misses the tie. They get Bayern and Robben gets injured. So does Boeteng. Nevertheless, Bayern outplay them over both games but lose because of two incredible errors. They play us, they put Mo out of the game without any punishment to the culprit, and our keeper has the worst game anyone has ever had in a final. It’s staggering really.

They were shite tonight, but we handed them two goals out of nothing and Bale scored one of the greatest final goals of all time. 

Fuck Real Madrid, I want to get them again next season so badly now. I want to see Naby break Ramos’ neck and I want to see our back four shut Ronaldo down just as they did tonight. The lads at the back were fucking boss, and that preening fuck was a total non-factor. He was soooooo desperate to get a late goal just to make it all about him, but when he couldn’t manage that he made sure it was about him anyway by suggesting he might leave. Horrible, vain, egotistical shit. He couldn’t just let Bale enjoy his moment in the spotlight could he? Messi would never do that shit.

Also today, Villa lost in the playoff final so won't be darkening the door of the Premier League for another season at least. It's no real consolation for us losing, but at least Villa's fans are miserable too. Including these sad fucking biffs...

week21_2.jpg

Sunday May 27… 

As bad as I feel about us losing yesterday, today I feel worse for Karius. Some of you won’t, and I understand, but after seeing the footage of him at full time and then reading his apology on social media today, my heart goes out to him. We’ll get over this loss a hell of a lot quicker than he will, because none of us blame ourselves for it. He does.

Yeah he has his 50k a week, his film star looks and model girlfriend, but he has to live what what happened last night and it must be horrendous. He’ll probably never play in a game of that size again, so those ghosts are going to be impossible to exorcise. 

It was the biggest game in club football, watched around the world by billions of people, and he produced the worst goalkeeping display ever in a high profile game. How the fuck can he be expected to process all that as a 24 year old? I have no idea if it’s even possible to come back from that, certainly not at the same club anyway. Even if he moves away it will follow him for the rest of his career and he’s going to have people taking the piss out of him for the rest of his life. 

People ridiculing him on social media is one thing, even those letting off steam and slating him is understandable, but anyone who actually tags him into a post with the intention of wanting him to see something insulting, abusive or (and this really boils my piss) threatening, sorry but you’re a fucking scumbag. 

That said, if he has any sense whatsoever he’ll stay off all social media for the foreseeable future as I mean, really, what possible benefit can come of it? I just hope we don’t see him posting his “aren’t I handsome” instagram posts from poolside in Miami in a couple of weeks. If that happens all hell will break loose. Lie low, Loris, lie low. 

Monday May 28…

Fabinho out of nowhere! Fucking have some of that. That’s how you do a transfer deal! Round of applause for Michael Edwards and the recruitment team. Not something I’ve said too often, unless it’s been with a huge dose of sarcasm. I’ll be honest, I’d never heard of Fabinho and knew nothing about him, but that doesn’t even matter. My knowledge of footy outside of England is severely limited so I don’t use that as much of a barometer when it comes to getting excited about new signings. 

My level of excitement is usually a result of whether I trust the club to get it right, and based on the signings made since Klopp came in I just assume they’re all going to be boss now. Klopp knows what he’s doing and that’s rubbing off on the rest of them. Edwards & co may have signed some shite prior to Klopp’s arrival, but they’ve all got it together now and as a result of that any player who comes is probably going to be ace. 

Having done a bit of research on Fabinho I reckon he’s going to be a difference maker. It’s going to mean less games for Hendo I think but there’ll still be enough games to keep all of them involved, and they may even play together at times because I’ve got a suspicion we may see a bit of 4-2-3-1 next season. Adding the likes of Fabinho, Keita and hopefully Fekir will give Klopp so many options to do different things. 

Usually when a season finishes I’m glad and I look forward to the break. This time I wish we had a game next weekend, I can’t wait for it all to get started again because I reckon we’re going to run wild on everybody next season. Bring it on you cunts. You’re all fucking laughing because we lost the final, but let’s see you laughing next year when you’re getting six put past you by Jurgen’s angry Reds. 

Speaking of angry Reds, a former Brookside actor offers Sergio Ramos out on Twitter. He wants a straightener with him but says Ramos is too much of a coward to accept. Fair play, I thought I was fuming with Ramos but not enough to make myself a laughing stock on Twitter by wanting to get him in the ring. Everyone is ripping this fella, not me though, I feel his pain. He’s right too, Ramos won’t accept the challenge, and if he did then you’d want to check his gloves for razor blades. 

This is just a teaser, click here to view the rest of the article

Please note that 'The Week that Was' is only available to TLW website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first, registration is FREE) and can be purchased here.

Maybe they've done the 'manifesto' to stop Everton coming out with their terrible soundbites. Next time they think about saying "We don't choose we are chosen" or some shit, they'll realise it's now Kopite behaviour & any shred of an identity they have will finally die.

Oh. My. God. That is fucking appalling. That dreadful clichéd pile of shit epitomises everything that is bad about this club. Written by twats, for twats. "...inspiring and nurturing those in need." Shove those repellent words up your collective commercial arses you complete and utter cunts.

Great report Dave.

• Upvote 1

and despite that bullshit 'Manifesto' it has been 6 months since i contacted them about the shithouse treatment of my Elderly disabled Mother, refusing her access to the Disabled lift  and STILL no reply despite numerous contacts.

The manifesto should simply be

TURN UP!

PAY UP!

SHUT THE FUCK UP!