You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World Cup 2018 betting thread...

Elite

Being offered £7.76 on a £2 stake - might as well hang on and see if I can make the big money...

Don't blame you, France big favourites but they bottled the Euro final and Croatia have that knack of grinding it out.

Bird in my work tried to set up a sweepstake, but she's a bit thick and did it wrong.

Instead of everyone drawing out of a hat and getting a random team people were allowed to choose your team to bet on, but you'd have to share the winnings with everyone else who picked that team.

Anyway, I picked Egypt as one, because why the fuck not, and no other cunt would have picked it so I'd have the winnings to myself, and the other was France, which only one other person chose. The main reason I picked it was because of somebody on this board saying they were a potential dark horse. No idea who the tip came from but I'd like to thank whoever it was if France win it on Sunday.

Some interesting prices on Croatia for those who are anti-England.

23/10 in 90 mins

10/1 in extra time

15/1 on pens

Did a tenner on each , so picked up £115 ( had gone to 21/2 when I did it )

Been a crap WC on the betting front so last night meant I am not too far off level.

Wanted England to win but thought their achievements had been exaggerated.

Croatia were ridiculously over priced last night,as was the draw. Nice to see Sir Rodge get on the value of Croatia in ET or on pens. If you can see past the blind patriotism when England play decent teams then you will usually make cash. Had 1-1 in 90 mins for about £32.00 from a fiver.

• Upvote 1

So after spunking god knows how many free bets up the wall, plus one or two other accas using winnings from free spins during the World Cup, I won fuck all. I actually only deposited £5 right at the start of the tournament but all the bookies have been very generous. If I was any good at betting I could have been quids in.

Sporting bet gave me a £2.50 free bet last night and I used it on the EL qualifiers and had a winning acca at 12/1.

I’ve taken 25 out but be warned that the money I left in there has gone on Belgium to finish 3rd and France to win in 90 mins. Both of those outcomes are now ultimately doomed.

Bring on the proper football.

So after spunking god knows how many free bets up the wall, plus one or two other accas using winnings from free spins during the World Cup, I won fuck all. I actually only deposited £5 right at the start of the tournament but all the bookies have been very generous. If I was any good at betting I could have been quids in.

Sporting bet gave me a £2.50 free bet last night and I used it on the EL qualifiers and had a winning acca at 12/1.

I’ve taken 25 out but be warned that the money I left in there has gone on Belgium to finish 3rd and France to win in 90 mins. Both of those outcomes are now ultimately doomed.

Bring on the proper football.

I'm up about £40 overall, which could have been better if you hadn't stitched me up in the draft giving me a piss poor team like Brazil.

• 4 years later...