You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Chelsea’s bubble about to burst?

It’s just come out that they’ve cancelled their new stadium project. Abramovich appears to be getting bored as well as having trouble getting a visa. They’ve noticeably scaled back on buying top players (see Barkley, Drinkwater, Giroud) and the players they are signing appear to be without input from the manager.

Discuss.

It’s just come out that they’ve cancelled their new stadium project. Abramovich appears to be getting bored as well as having trouble getting a visa. They’ve noticeably scaled back on buying top players (see Barkley, Drinkwater, Giroud) and the players they are signing appear to be without input from the manager.

Discuss.

Interesting. I had not heard about the stadium development had been cancelled. Not sure it has anything to do with boredom. Might be more to do with the fact he is under a bit of government scrutiny over his money and the visa issue.

Although Chelsea get more income than us or thereabouts it is mainly because they have been successful since he took over. A few years out of the CL and they will likely find income dries up and they might not have the option to buy top line players as frequently.

Hopefully they start to struggle now. I wonder how much missing out on the champions league is affecting them when they beat us in the league game last season they really believed they were going to beat us to 4th. 

I reckon Abramovich is getting fed-up as well. Conte clearly wasn’t happy but wasn’t going to budge and Abramovich knew he would have to fork out a shit load if he sacked him. The likes of Hazard, Kante, Willian and Courtois will all be getting looked at by top European clubs who actually have champions league football next season. Unless they bring in someone like Zidane, Simeone or Pochettino then I can easily see the players getting pissed off.

In short – Fuck them.. Fuck them, fuck their blues brother edl partners (r*ngers) , fuck blue, fuck you, fuck celery, fuck London, fuck the queen, god bless the pope, fuck the union jack, fuck John Terry, fuck my mate Dave, fuck yokohama tyres and fuck the fucking lot of them. Kapish?

• Upvote 5

The announcement says something about 'unfavourable investment climate,' ie govt not being as willing to be seen as an accomplice to Russian money laundering, and Abramovitch firing a warning shot in response.

Fixed that for you.

This has actually been rumoured, though it sounds like bollocks to me. He apparently wants to leave though.

He’s been pining for a return to Madrid for years. His missus and kids still live there. If Atletico were to sell Oblak to anyone, Courtois would be nailed on to replace him. I could even see him going full Diego Costa to force it through.

While Abramovich is tightening the purse strings I'm not sure that he is becoming fed-up as such. It was only a season ago Conte won the league. He always intended for the club to be self sufficient and in recent seasons investment has reduced with the sale of players to help balance the books. It will help our chances of continued CL presence if this continues to be the case but with Abramovich he could decide to go get yet another top manager and buy another title. While it would be good if Chelsea's period of success is over, I won't be counting my chickens. 

They're a fucking embarrassment. When you look at actual big clubs, who are the most important people in their history? For Liverpool, it would be (arguably) Shankly, Paisley, Kenny. For United, Busby, Charlton, and Ferguson. Proper football men.

Chelsea? A fucking Russian oligarch without whom they'd probably have gone bankrupt, or most certainly in the lower leagues by now along with Leeds (who are also a bigger club than the rent boys). 

You know your a tin pot club when Dennis Wise is considered a legend.

Before Fat Frank their top all time goalscorer was Bobby Tambling - total honours won at Chelsea?....1 - a League Cup.

Behind him was Kerry Dixon - total honours won at Chelsea?...2 Div 2 titles.

An absolute nomark club until lottery win.

Fuck them the fucking cunts.

• Upvote 1

Some journalists are saying Abramovich is basically saying why would I put 1bn into the economy through the building of a stadium if you won’t give me a Visa. To me it looks like a strong arm move by him to get this Visa situation sorted. With tories in charge all they probably want is a bigger back hander. It’s going to be a bit embarrasing for them now if he gets a new visa in a couple of days after this though.

The strange thing is him applying for Israeli citizenship. Why has he done that? Apparently it means you can travel and live in the UK without working for 6 months. I thought why wouldn’t he just do that? It’s hardly like he “works” here much anyway. Digging a bit deeper though it seems that after that initial 6 months you can’t just fly out and back in again you actually need a visa to live here anyway. So unless it’s just an interim measure it seems a bit odd.

Whether he leaves or not hopefully it’s left a sour taste in his mouth either way.