You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Commuters Rant Thread

Bjornebye

4 minutes ago, RedKnight said:

I always feel it's a real shitty move to take sly pictures of people doing regular things and posting them on social media to make fun of them.

It can sometimes go horribly wrong as well. 

On 7/24/2014 at 9:44 AM, Captain Turdseye said:

To be fair to Bjornebye, his sneaky picture taking skills are impressive. I once saw a fat bastard at Stafford Station eating a Mars Bar, then he hit the deck and started having a fit (looked a lot funnier than it sounds). Got my phone out, took a picture and the flash went off. Everyone then turned round and looked at me like I was the cunt.

People have got no sense of humour these days.

1 minute ago, Moctezuma said:

Princess of cuntingshire is having a really long conversation on the hands free phone with her "rugger boyfriend", love it when people basically shout across the table at my face.

"I hope you enjoy your rugby weekend with the lads, lads, lads"

I'd be straight over "Wanna footy lad love? i'll open you up like a can of tuna and my mate over there is a barrister, are you on twitter?" 

• 2 weeks later...

Trains are shit and Northern Rail are cunts. 

The train I get is usually 4 carriages, except on a Monday when it’s two carriages because some lazy cunt can’t be bothered moving the stock to the right place.  Luckily I get on at the first station so get a seat but it’s chaos. 

And about 4 people are reading this as I type. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rico1304 said:

The train I get is usually 4 carriages, except on a Monday when it’s two carriages because some lazy cunt can’t be bothered moving the stock to the right place.  Luckily I get on at the first station so get a seat but it’s chaos. 

Wankers aren't they Northern Rail. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, rico1304 said:

There's nothing better than 4 bored cunts gegging into your screen because they can't look anywhere else. I just start googling odd things like...

Anybody ever had a refund from Trainline?

I requested one a week past Sunday after our trains to Liverpool were cancelled & they said the money would be back in my account within 15 days (which will be Monday 8th), but it's £160 & it's starting to piss me off that there's no sign of it.

20 minutes ago, Mook said:

Anybody ever had a refund from Trainline?

I requested one a week past Sunday after our trains to Liverpool were cancelled & they said the money would be back in my account within 15 days (which will be Monday 8th), but it's £160 & it's starting to piss me off that there's no sign of it.

I’ve had a few.

Should go straight in your bank, don’t worry.

This is part of the great privatisation scam...all refunds are paid by the government!

So the company’s are not arsed about refunds as they keep the original ticket cost.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Vonblonberg said:

This is part of the great privatisation scam...all refunds are paid by the government!

So the company’s are not arsed about refunds as they keep the original ticket cost.

Do you have a source for this claim?

9 minutes ago, Vonblonberg said:

Obviously, but that article does not support the claim you made, nor did any of the numerous other articles that I found. That article points out that operators are compensated by state-owned Network Rail when delays or cancellations are the fault of Network Rail. This money is then passed on to the customers - or should be, because many customers don't put in claims.

Just now, Strontium Dog said:

Obviously, but that article does not support the claim you made, nor did any of the numerous other articles that I found. That article points out that operators are compensated by state-owned Network Rail when delays or cancellations are the fault of Network Rail. This money is then passed on to the customers - or should be, because many customers don't put in claims.

In a land of plenty you’d go hungry because you didn’t like the fare...

• 5 months later...

Three years of using the train out the window today, overcrowded carriages, cancelled & late trains every fucking day & today we were squashed in like sardines & some boy with honking breath kept sighing right in my coupon. One lad passed out last week due to the overcrowding.

I'm going to buy a bus pass today, had enough of it.

This was the line that my Granny campaigned for as well, she'll be gutted when I tell her.

Northern Rail are shite. I get the train to and from work every day apart on Saturday when they don't start til 8am. 

They used to run a Huddersfield service from Lime Street yet Northern thought it was a great idea to have two shit battered pacer train carriages to travel a distance of 60 odd miles. They get rammed as they have to pass through Manchester Picadilly.  These trains also act as a connection to Preston and Wigan for people travelling to Scotland yet they are so shite and small people have nowhere to put their bags and suitcases. You are also guaranteed at least two bike twats on every train who seem oblivious to the fact that their bike takes up the entire space by the doors.

Every evening you are guaranteed to be sitting on a train at Lime Street waiting for it to go only for it not to move. No  announcement or anything they just let you sit there for over ten minutes before someone decides that you need to swop platforms or get on another already packed train going in the same direction.

The trains are a fucking nightmare during half term and summer holidays as lazy twat parents let their kids misbehave and the twats put tons of primark bags all over the seats so no one can sit down. They don't seem to think that these small bags can go in the overhead compartment.

These cunts then have the cheek to moan about either how packed the trains are or how shite they are when they use them once in a blue moon. They will then have loud conversations on their mobile trying to get their husband or dad to come and pick them up at the train station because they are too lazy to walk.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Northern Rail are shite. I get the train to and from work every day apart on Saturday when they don't start til 8am. 

They used to run a Huddersfield service from Lime Street yet Northern thought it was a great idea to have two shit battered pacer train carriages to travel a distance of 60 odd miles. 

Every evening you are guaranteed to be sitting on a train at Lime Street waiting for it to go only for it not to move. No  announcement or anything they just let you sit there for over ten minutes before someone decides that you need to swop platforms or get on another already packed train going in the same direction.

The trains are a fucking nightmare during half term and summer holidays as lazy twat parents let their kids misbehave and the twats put tons of primary bags all over the seats so no one can sit down. 

These cunts then have the cheek to moan about either how packed the trains are or how shite they are when they use them once in a blue moon. They will then have loud conversations on their mobile trying to get their husband or dad to come and pick them up at the train station because they are too lazy to walk.

Everyone involved in every train journey is a fucking cunt 

Going long distance is also an experience in twattism.

If you go to London on the 6am-7.30am trains you are bound to get a self important twat who wants to rob your table space to charge their laptop. They will almost certainly try to claim that the seat next to the plug is theirs until you show them your ticket and tell them to do one. 

Virgin trains are about as luxurious as you will get in the UK even though the trains haven't been updated since about 2001. If you sit in the same carriage as the toilets they have that shitty smell like someone stopped farting 20 minutes ago but no one opened the window. First class isn't that much better apart from free coffee, sandwiches and cans of beer if they haven't conveniently ran out of them. You do get a nice table light though.

The buffet car is legalised extortion.  No wonder Richard Branson lives on his own island and travels by air balloon.  It's so no cunt can find him and fill him in. 

If you want a cheap ticket you need to know your exact timing 3 months in advance and travel at times when no one else wants to. I had to go to London once at short notice and my return standard ticket cost 347 quid. That's a fucking joke and I found a flight to LA four quid cheaper than that when I was trying to book a holiday a few days later. London is only 200 odd miles away from Liverpool so doubt the fuel costs that much. 

22 hours ago, Mook said:

Three years of using the train out the window today, overcrowded carriages, cancelled & late trains every fucking day & today we were squashed in like sardines & some boy with honking breath kept sighing right in my coupon. One lad passed out last week due to the overcrowding.

I'm going to buy a bus pass today, had enough of it.

This was the line that my Granny campaigned for as well, she'll be gutted when I tell her.

Can't believe this has taken so long, standards are slipping.

6CC82F92-1864-44FB-B2CC-06C75EB42551.jpeg

• Upvote 2