You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Commuters Rant Thread

Bjornebye

This Lime Street renovation is killing my commute. I work in Manchester so previously it was an easy, brief train into Lime Street and then the trans pennine express to Mcr Victoria (which took half an hour). Now all trains in and out of Lime Street are non-existent. So its a train to Moorfields now, then another train to South Parkway and then the meff train that stops at every stop in the north west before getting to Mcr Oxford Road (which is also much further away from my workplace). I left at 7.40 this morning and got into Oxford Road at 10.30. Absolutely farcical, and this is going on for another 8 weeks. 

Thankfully i have the working from home option but thats only viable for a couple of days per week. In the meantime i will be spending 5 and a half hours a day commuting. A complete nightmare. 

• Upvote 1

A mate and I stayed at a campsite near Chester and travelled in to Liverpool for a certain game. On return we went to get the last train back from Lime Street only to be told no trains were running and having the prospect of trying to negotiate a cab. Luckily someone else asked about Chester and the dicks were like oh yeah there's still a train to Chester. Cretins.

All the buses in my town today have a RIP message to one of the drivers who’s passed away.

Fair enough/nice tribute...but this message is on all the electronic displays on the outside of the bus, so you have no idea which one has turned up.

Someone clearly didn’t think it through.

Back on topic, I'm sick to death of those segments that the fucking brushes contact, thereby conducting DC electricity. They just sit there whilst attached to a shaft that also holds the wound coils. Fucking ridiculous situation. Pisses me right off.

Beg pardon. Read it as "The Commutators Rant Thread".

Flying up to Brisbane from Melbourne, flight gets has been delayed for nearly an hour due to poor weather.

Captain just stood at the front of the plane and said, sorry for the delay, but they have given me extra fuel, and I reckon I can cut the flight time down to 90 minutes and we all get on with our weekend.

Shaving >25% off the scheduled flying time, this may be my last post.

People who get on the M57 at Kirkby and firstly slow down on the ramp as they get closer to the motorway and then need to merge the instant the motorway appears, slowing even more, as they couldn't possibly keep driving down the 500m merging lane to keep the flow of traffic going smoothly and just slipping in.

Shout out also to the people who do this and then immediately try to get in the middle lane, slowing down the traffic and mergers behind them even more, because they've "only" got about a kilometer until that lane turns off.

Flying up to Brisbane from Melbourne, flight gets has been delayed for nearly an hour due to poor weather.

Captain just stood at the front of the plane and said, sorry for the delay, but they have given me extra fuel, and I reckon I can cut the flight time down to 90 minutes and we all get on with our weekend.

Shaving >25% off the scheduled flying time, this may be my last post.

I fly from Edinburgh down to London all the time & they always do this on the way back up, I think it's to do with the tailwind. Fuck all to worry about.

I fly from Edinburgh down to London all the time & they always do this on the way back up, I think it's to do with the tailwind. Fuck all to worry about.

4beers and 4 cheese and ham toasties in the lounge, slept through the flight, the fucker never made it much quicker.

Just tweaking due to potassium overload.

And the weather is a shit up north

• Upvote 1

This Northern timetable change has actually worked a lot better than I expected. Instead of getting the 8:16 from Widnes I get on the 5 past so its only 15 minutes earlier I have to get up. Amazingly this week the morning trains have been pretty much bang on-time. Still slight delays in the evening but nowhere near as bad as last weeks shite.

My rant today isn’t about the train operators. I am going old school and going to rant about the slags I have to share my journey with. From the cunts on the phone loudly for ages to people they are about to see (either colleagues in the morning or partners on the way home) to the cunts who despite the fact that 8 people are stood by the doors because there are no fucking seats they still get on and push past looking for one. Acting as if they are more important than everyone else. Same goes for the bastards who get to the station at the last minute and worm their way to the front of the queue to get on despite the platform being busy when they got there. Selfish fucking aloof cunts. I hate them with every part of my body. I’ve started listening to stuff like Slipknot and Korn while I’m on the train nowadays. I just stare at them so they get the fucking point. One day I am going to seriously lose the fucking plot and some lycra wearing middle class broadsheet reading cunt is gonna feeeeel the fucking pain.

Not commusing but I'm travelling up to Liverpool on Monday and I'm already thinking about how many times I'll say , can you turn that shit down , can you stop eating crisps you cunt sitting behind me, can't you shut that pewling baby up and a host of other things. Homicidal thoughts already.

• Upvote 2

Not commusing but I'm travelling up to Liverpool on Monday and I'm already thinking about how many times I'll say , can you turn that shit down , can you stop eating crisps you cunt sitting behind me, can't you shut that pewling baby up and a host of other things. Homicidal thoughts already.

"Can you stop breathing"

"Can you stop breathing"

Well yes , few weeks ago ?I thought someone behind me had breathing problems so tough as it was I kept it all in then realised it was someone a few rows up asleep with his mouth wide open making farmyard noises, I had to tell his missus to wake him up, how his missus or whoever was at the same table didn't I don't know.
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
16 minutes ago, Mook said:

See this RMT industrial action on Saturday, how likely is it to go ahead?

I've just got an e-mail about the trains I booked to come down for the game & things are looking pretty fucked.

Wankers mate very rare they back down at the last minute. Might be worth getting a late Friday train and staying over. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why are they wankers Stig?

Wankers when it disrupts your own travel arrangements. Ive spent a good few years commuting too and from work by train either in London or up here and it gets you into unnecessary shit plus the trains are fucking disgusting when you do get on. You get home late get piss wet through etc. I'm all for unions and agree mostly with reasons why but if I want to call someone a wanker I will.