You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Holidays

Oh Buoy

Looking for some crafty deals for October. 

What do you cunts use for deals/holiday planning? 

https://www.skyscanner.net/

https://www.momondo.co.uk/

https://www.google.com/flights + Matrix

https://www.kayak.co.uk/

Package deals

[all the travel companies TUI/First Choice etc] 

https://www.travelzoo.com/uk/

https://www.icelolly.com/

https://www.holidaypirates.com/

https://www.groupon.co.uk/getaways

Hotels

[all the standard comparison sites Expedia, Booking.com, Trivago]

https://www.kayak.co.uk/

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/

Open to other suggestions... 

I’ve always booked flights hotels etc separately as I’m a tight wad.

Last holiday in Italy wife went to the travel agent and booked the lot. Including taxi transfers to and from airport.

I threw a wobbly and then compared costs had I done it my way. Mine worked out way more expensive without the additional cancellation cover the agent gave us. Don’t write them off.

I'm after UK holidays as with 3 young kids it's too costly and too much hassle going abroad. Wasn't there a poster on here who had a cottage in Cornwall?

My sister has a couple of holiday houses in mid Devon.

And you won't have to take your rubbish home with you.

• 1 year later...

Last October I went on a cruise with my family, and my mum and dad.  It was sort of a joint-funding effort, they did most of the heavy-lifting as a sort of nice family get-together to celebrate my 40th and my dad's 70th, so we all decided to go on a cruise together.

I was apprehensive about it, sometimes have inner ear problems, so I was worried about the constant moving underneath, but nothing happened at all.

In fact, I loved every single second of it.  We went from Southampton to Madeira, the Canaries, and then we were delayed by a massive group of storms which meant we had overnight stays in Malaga and Lisbon on the way back and two extended days, but still meant crossing the Bay of Biscay in 7-8m seas in between massive storms.  May not sound a lot, but that's ON TOP OF the normal wave height, which is often monstrous.  But apart from the odd bang and mad lurch to the side, it was ok, no sick-feeling, just a momentary "wtf", and then fine, back to sleep. 

But that was insane weather, in fact, the cruise tv channel meteorologist said the only other time in recent memory where they have ever extended a cruise by 2 days was due to a typhoon or hurricane.  

Anyway, back to the cruise itself.  Fuck me.  I've never known anything so amazing in my life.  The food was a fucking joke.  All day, fucking amazing, at your leisure, you fat cunt, you just walk into the restaurant in your shorts and t-shirt and just pick up plates of shit and leave half of it, like some fucking dickhead.  

But aside from the food, wow, it's just too much.  Such a great time, I was watching the rugby world cup in a Jacuzzi while we were coming into Madeira one morning.  Just watching Madeira appear from the mist of the open seas, and glancing up at the 25ft screen in the pool area, sound up, at about 9am, with a fresh coffee in my hand. 

Then get in the pool with the kids, maybe go to the arcade for a bit with them, maybe go cinema, maybe go have a beer, maybe ice-skating, yes, fucking ice-skating.  I was watching PL footy at the bar on American channels, and it was on the tv in our room.  You also get first run films on your TV's, so we were bored of watching Spider-Man, Yesterday, Toy Story 4, and that was 3 months ago.

Anyway, why am I saying this now?

Because I've just booked to go again, same trip this October, but this time with a bigger ship, from Southampton, and it's costing just £2,300.

I can't believe it's costing this little. 

I urge you, if you haven't had a cruise before and you're considering a holiday with the family this winter, give the Royal Carribean Cruises a look at the moment.  It starts off expensive on the site and then when you progress it gives you the final bill, and the kids have gone for £69 each.

This fucker has dodgems on it.

• Upvote 2

by the way, the beds and showers on the RC cruises ships are ridiculously good. 

Massive twat-size beds, and the world's most powerful showers.  It's the little things that matter sometimes. 

Also, our first cruise we were looking on the inside of the ship, not the sea, not a balcony.  Didn't matter a bit.  You hardly spent much time in your room, and when you did you just watched the telly or went on your phone with the wifi.  

But, as it goes, the £2,300 this time gets us a balcony room.  I'm going to do some ace wanks while crying about being so high up. 

• Upvote 2

On 24/01/2020 at 17:09, Bjornebye said:

ComfortableCelebratedJaeger-size_restric

tumblr_p9v2psb6uN1toamj8o2_400.gifv

I love this, because it means less people end up booking a cruise, which means the price stays down. 

I'm basically getting 10 days in Vegas, with a few stop-offs on beaches.  It was 34 degrees in the Canaries last time, so got off the ship and went to the beach for 2 days.  Got back on, went the pool, watched a movie, had an amazing meal, did some karaoke, woke up next morning and saw some dolphins while I drank my coffee, then plotted another day on the beach.

Fucking unreal. 

• Upvote 1

On 28/01/2020 at 13:31, Colonel Bumcunt said:

I love this, because it means less people end up booking a cruise, which means the price stays down. 

I'm basically getting 10 days in Vegas, with a few stop-offs on beaches.  It was 34 degrees in the Canaries last time, so got off the ship and went to the beach for 2 days.  Got back on, went the pool, watched a movie, had an amazing meal, did some karaoke, woke up next morning and saw some dolphins while I drank my coffee, then plotted another day on the beach.

Fucking unreal. 

We went on a cruise in 2012 for our 25th wedding anniversary, ended up going every year since even if it’s only been for 4 days! Mr Suzy’s 60th in October so we’re going for 12 nights around Spain and Portugal - can’t bloody wait!

• Upvote 1

On 28/01/2020 at 20:13, suzy said:

We went on a cruise in 2012 for our 25th wedding anniversary, ended up going every year since even if it’s only been for 4 days! Mr Suzy’s 60th in October so we’re going for 12 nights around Spain and Portugal - can’t bloody wait!

It's mad isnt it?

I'm all booked up for Oct, and I'm already excited, and even looking beyond to 2021.

People just don't know until they've been on a decent cruise.  They have no idea.  It's Vegas, it's magnificent.  I spent so much of my first cruise just walking around, jaw on the floor, it's rediculous, the scale of it all, the quality of it all.

As it goes, my £2,345 for all four of us (Mrs Bumcunt and 2 small Bumcunts), was a steal, and today the same cruise, same deck, same balcony room, is £3,400.

Having said that, was watching Cruise TV this morning, and saw some amazing deals where you can sail on it transatlantic for as little as £811, with a couple of nights hotel in New York, and flights. 

On 24/01/2020 at 17:01, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Last October I went on a cruise with my family, and my mum and dad.  It was sort of a joint-funding effort, they did most of the heavy-lifting as a sort of nice family get-together to celebrate my 40th and my dad's 70th, so we all decided to go on a cruise together.

I was apprehensive about it, sometimes have inner ear problems, so I was worried about the constant moving underneath, but nothing happened at all.

In fact, I loved every single second of it.  We went from Southampton to Madeira, the Canaries, and then we were delayed by a massive group of storms which meant we had overnight stays in Malaga and Lisbon on the way back and two extended days, but still meant crossing the Bay of Biscay in 7-8m seas in between massive storms.  May not sound a lot, but that's ON TOP OF the normal wave height, which is often monstrous.  But apart from the odd bang and mad lurch to the side, it was ok, no sick-feeling, just a momentary "wtf", and then fine, back to sleep. 

But that was insane weather, in fact, the cruise tv channel meteorologist said the only other time in recent memory where they have ever extended a cruise by 2 days was due to a typhoon or hurricane.  

Anyway, back to the cruise itself.  Fuck me.  I've never known anything so amazing in my life.  The food was a fucking joke.  All day, fucking amazing, at your leisure, you fat cunt, you just walk into the restaurant in your shorts and t-shirt and just pick up plates of shit and leave half of it, like some fucking dickhead.  

But aside from the food, wow, it's just too much.  Such a great time, I was watching the rugby world cup in a Jacuzzi while we were coming into Madeira one morning.  Just watching Madeira appear from the mist of the open seas, and glancing up at the 25ft screen in the pool area, sound up, at about 9am, with a fresh coffee in my hand. 

Then get in the pool with the kids, maybe go to the arcade for a bit with them, maybe go cinema, maybe go have a beer, maybe ice-skating, yes, fucking ice-skating.  I was watching PL footy at the bar on American channels, and it was on the tv in our room.  You also get first run films on your TV's, so we were bored of watching Spider-Man, Yesterday, Toy Story 4, and that was 3 months ago.

Anyway, why am I saying this now?

Because I've just booked to go again, same trip this October, but this time with a bigger ship, from Southampton, and it's costing just £2,300.

I can't believe it's costing this little. 

I urge you, if you haven't had a cruise before and you're considering a holiday with the family this winter, give the Royal Carribean Cruises a look at the moment.  It starts off expensive on the site and then when you progress it gives you the final bill, and the kids have gone for £69 each.

This fucker has dodgems on it.

Bumcunt, you've just twinged my wang.

I've never fancied a cruise before but you might have just sold it to me.

I used to do Poole/Portsmouth to Bilbao/Santander quite often and loved being on the boat. Food was ace, pub quiz on an evening and smokes were only 2 notes a pack.

We were looking a the usual Spanish 10 nights all inclusivo for the end of August and it's well expensive this year.

Pipe me en board sailor boy.

2 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

It's mad isnt it?

I'm all booked up for Oct, and I'm already excited, and even looking beyond to 2021.

People just don't know until they've been on a decent cruise.  They have no idea.  It's Vegas, it's magnificent.  I spent so much of my first cruise just walking around, jaw on the floor, it's rediculous, the scale of it all, the quality of it all.

As it goes, my £2,345 for all four of us (Mrs Bumcunt and 2 small Bumcunts), was a steal, and today the same cruise, same deck, same balcony room, is £3,400.

Having said that, was watching Cruise TV this morning, and saw some amazing deals where you can sail on it transatlantic for as little as £811, with a couple of nights hotel in New York, and flights. 

Excellent 

Just to add to all the cruise talk, a mate of mine had a fucking disaster with his Baltic cruise. Due to the bad weather he saw only 3 of the 6 destinations he was supposed to and spent a couple nights anchored down outside ports in atrocious storms. His boat was full of old, thick Americans. I guess my point is be like Bumcunt, not my cunt mate

24 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Just to add to all the cruise talk, a mate of mine had a fucking disaster with his Baltic cruise. Due to the bad weather he saw only 3 of the 6 destinations he was supposed to and spent a couple nights anchored down outside ports in atrocious storms. His boat was full of old, thick Americans. I guess my point is be like Bumcunt, not my cunt mate

A Baltic Cruise? I think the clue is in the location.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

A Baltic Cruise? I think the clue is in the location.

He took the last boat of the season in October as well. I guess it's definitely something worth researching what with hurricanes in the Carribbean etc

On 31/01/2020 at 22:50, Remmie said:

A Baltic 'cruise' in October does sound a peculiar choice.