You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barbecuing

Bjornebye

I absolutely love having a BBQ. I’ve had a BBQ tea about 10 times already this year. Sat in work and its scorching outside so I am going to put it on again tonight. Got some Wagu burgers from the Asda last week. They were unreal. Also got some cod fillets that were in the reduced section in Aldi. Cooked them coated in chilli powder and they were fit. Big fan of them pork belly strips as well. I used to get them in Sainsburys down south and they had about 6 different flavours. They only seem to have the chilli salt or maple flavour up here. Its also an excuse to sit in the sun with a beer and a book.

Anyone got any decent BBQ tips?

Fckin g'day mate

When the BBQ is over and you've still got a couple of hours of heat on the charcoals left, get some onions, keeping them whole peel the top layer, cut a cross into one end to about 2/3 into it, shove some butter in the gap and season heavily.  Wrap individually in tin foil and put them directly on the charcoals for about 45 minutes.  You get lovely caramelised onions for tomorrows BBQ 

Sorching

Fuck off

Its pissing down with flashes of lightning and thunder to boot. To think i was in 90f on the gulf of Mexico ladt week. Bastards

Where are you Lee? Blue sky here. I'm in Warrington like. 

When the BBQ is over and you've still got a couple of hours of heat on the charcoals left, get some onions, keeping them whole peel the top layer, cut a cross into one end to about 2/3 into it, shove some butter in the gap and season heavily.  Wrap individually in tin foil and put them directly on the charcoals for about 45 minutes.  You get lovely caramelised onions for tomorrows BBQ 

Been doing jackets in the BBQ. Straight in wrapped in tin-foil as soon as I have lit it. Nicest jackets I've ever had. Smothered in garlic butter when I take them out. 

Best. Thread. Ever.

I love a barbie. We have had a dozen or so this Spring already.

Gotta be charcoal for real men. I love my chimney starter - get the barbie going with one match. Like I said a real man can do that. Don't fuck with me!

Prawns are nice. I do mine on a perforated foil tray with a little oil. I get them coriander ones from Sainsbo's. Some peppered burgers with Mexicana cheese and some nice sausages, Probably some chicken kebabs too.

I am gonna have a bottle of Cubanisto Rum beer and a Edmund Dantes cigar too, tonight. Like I said, I am the third hardest on the forum after Anny Road and Champ.

• Downvote 2

If it has a high lid, get yourself a pizza stone and a peel (or use a new spade). Turn the barbie on full blast for a while until it gets REALLY fucking hot and slide your pizza off the flour covered spade onto the stone. In about 4 minutes you will have the best pizza you've ever had.

If your barbie has a steel plate and not a grille, if just an outdoor frying pan.

Best. Thread. Ever.

Gotta be charcoal for real men. I love my chimney starter - get the barbie going with one match. Like I said a real man can do that. Don't fuck with me!

Prawns are nice. I do mine on a perforated foil tray with a little oil. I get them coriander ones from Sainsbo's. Some peppered burgers with Mexicana cheese and some nice sausages, Probably some chicken kebabs too.

I am gonna have a bottle of Cubanisto Rum beer and a Edmund Dantes cigar too, tonight. Like I said, I am the third hardest on the forum after Anny Road and Champ.

Yep none of this instant light shit. I use paper and wood get a fire going then get the coal on. I'm fucking ace at it. 

Best. Thread. Ever.

It's with regret, negged. 

If it has a high lid, get yourself a pizza stone and a peel (or use a new spade). Turn the barbie on full blast for a while until it gets REALLY fucking hot and slide your pizza off the flour covered spade onto the stone. In about 4 minutes you will have the best pizza you've ever had.

If your barbie has a steel plate and not a grille, if just an outdoor frying pan.

You have just outed yourself. Fucking pussy. 

Another one for when the barbie coals are cooling down.

Place a Banana on a bed of brown sugar in loosely wrapped tin foil. Cover the Banana in Maple syrup and close up the foil. Stick it on the barbie with the lid on if you have one and leave it for 30 mins.  The sugar caramelises and the Banana absorbs the Maple syrup. Delicious.