You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Would you give Van Dijk the armband next season?

Bjornebye

Give it Karius, he could do with the confidence boost.

Not funny...but I still laughed.

I would like VVD to be captain for sure. I just don't think Klopp will want to cause aggro in the team by stripping Hendo of the captaincy unless he moves him on. Someone mentioned the Stevie / Sami situation and how that was different, and I agree. Sami was a great guy and leader but Stevie was born to captain Liverpool so giving the armband to Gerrard made sense.

I know this isn’t the right thread but where the fuck is the arteta money?

I’m not happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And yes I would give it to VVD/ I don’t think Jordan Essex will be a starter tbf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The captaincy means very little but you can't just strip a player of it if they haven't messed up. That's terribly unfair and bad for the dressing room. In games in which he plays, Henderson should remain captain. If not, it's Milner, and if he's not there then maybe you give it to VvD.

Not funny...but I still laughed.

I would like VVD to be captain for sure. I just don't think Klopp will want to cause aggro in the team by stripping Hendo of the captaincy unless he moves him on. Someone mentioned the Stevie / Sami situation and how that was different, and I agree. Sami was a great guy and leader but Stevie was born to captain Liverpool so giving the armband to Gerrard made sense.

Ged made Stevie captain because he was becoming aware of the approaches by Chelsea for him. In my opinion he did not take the captaincy off Sami lightly but knew it was another hook if one was needed to try and keep gerrard at Anfield. Sami like the man he was did not make an issue of it.

I think lots of people see van Dijk as captain because they see it meaning the end of Henderson at Anfield while overlooking the plain fact he is hugely respected in the dressingroom. But if we sign Fekir we will have Henderson Milner van Dijk and Fekir who have all been captain. After next season people could be calling for Fekir to be captain if he turns out to be inspirational on the pitch.

Certainly. I do not think Jurgen is going to take the captaincy off Henderson. He has said he does not see who wears the armband as a big issue.

The question though isn't "Will Klopp take it from Henderson and give it to van Dijk?", it's "Would you give it to van Dijk?"

van Dijk would make a superior Captain, whether he gets it or not is another matter. So I would give him the armband and he probably will get it when Milner and Henderson are not on the pitch.

The question though isn't "Will Klopp take it from Henderson and give it to van Dijk?", it's "Would you give it to van Dijk?"

van Dijk would make a superior Captain, whether he gets it or not is another matter. So I would give him the armband and he probably will get it when Milner and Henderson are not on the pitch.

Yes I get that. But my response is based on what I would do if I was in Klopps position. Who am I to say van Dijk is a better captain or Henderson is or maybe Fekir is if we sign him from sitting in the stand and watching the game. I am just a football fan. As to van Dijk being superior I do not recollect him pulling Southampton out of the mire or being the stand out player in Celtics side.

The debate over van Dijk being captain is based on many peoples opinion of Henderson. They do not want him in the team never mind captain. So yes a lot of people are going to say give it to van Dijk.

That overlooks the rest of the squads supposed opinion of Henderson and his standing with the manager. Why do people think Salah insisted to Klopp that Henderson go with him to the PoTY awards.

Once the game starts you should have 11 captains on the pitch. It is that simple.