You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wow that’s a surprise! No idea what he’s like but it’s exciting how it was done!

Just turned on sky and they’re saying arsenal tried to get him at the last minute

Oh aye. 

Similarly, I put a love letter to Meghan Markle in a bottle last weekend and dropped it into the English Channel.

• Upvote 1

I can't remember us even being linked with Fabiano. We seem to have come out of nowhere and got this deal done, medical complete, leaning at Melwood, the works, with no inkling from those considered to be reputable sources.

I haven't seen Fabiano play that much but it sounds like the club have addressed a position that needed reinforcement. We will also have Keita coming in so we've added more dynamism to our midfield. And there's still the possibility of Fekir joining to add some flair.

This is how our transfer business should be concluded. Not dicking about with tapping up players yet not actually making a bid before we start telling trusted journos that the player wants to join us. No drawn out 'sagas' that Sky Sports and the gutter press earn hits from. No bullshit from Twitter cunts pretending to be in-the-know.

Haven't watched wrestling for a long time, but still quite liked Paul Machin's description of this as a "Randy Orton" signing.  Out of nowhere.

Like signing a good version of N'Zonzi?  But he can play right back?  Know very little of him, but I like what I've seen.  First impression is he looks to have that VvD composure when tackling.

Anyone know how he shaped up when Bakayoko was still with them?  Was he mainly right back at that point?

I can't remember us even being linked with Fabiano. We seem to have come out of nowhere and got this deal done, medical complete, leaning at Melwood, the works, with no inkling from those considered to be reputable sources.

I haven't seen Fabiano play that much but it sounds like the club have addressed a position that needed reinforcement. We will also have Keita coming in so we've added more dynamism to our midfield. And there's still the possibility of Fekir joining to add some flair.

This is how our transfer business should be concluded. Not dicking about with tapping up players yet not actually making a bid before we start telling trusted journos that the player wants to join us. No drawn out 'sagas' that Sky Sports and the gutter press earn hits from. No bullshit from Twitter cunts pretending to be in-the-know.

Fucking ace have we signed Fabiano too?

Anyone know how he shaped up when Bakayoko was still with them?  Was he mainly right back at that point?

They played 4-4-2 right next to each other, both in a box-to-box role. With Bakayoko gone, he played with Moutinho in a more holding role where he is more comfortable. He has been the constant at Monaco whereas Bakayoko was raw and had some talent but hit a bit of a purple patch during their title season.

• Upvote 1

Melissa ReddyVerified account @MelissaReddy_ 1h1 hour ago

#LFC's recent work in the transfer market - Roberto Firmino, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson, Naby Keita - has seen other clubs closely take note (evidenced by Barcelona trying to hijack a deal for the latter) and so the quiet policy with Fabinho and others is by design

Melissa ReddyVerified account @MelissaReddy_ 45m45 minutes ago

It's not always possible to keep news quiet - so many involved - and is incredibly tricky given the persistent thirst for transfer stories. #LFC have done exceptionally well to get the Fabinho deal over the line - and in silence until shortly before their official announcement.

Guess it's unsurprising there will be some sucking of own dicks and claims like this were to be expected.  To be fair though, credit where credit's due, and it's unlikely to have been achieved unless there was a conscious decision to clean up our act in this regard.

Admit I have no first hand knowledge of him. But he’s a DM, seems to be highly rated, is only 24 but already experienced, has played a lot of games for Monaco so at least isn’t a proven sicknote. Last but not least it seems Klopp knows a lot about him, and exactly why he wants him. And we got him in early and out of nothing.

A lot to like, now lets wait and see how he progresses.

They played 4-4-2 right next to each other, both in a box-to-box role. With Bakayoko gone, he played with Moutinho in a more holding role where he is more comfortable. He has been the constant at Monaco whereas Bakayoko was raw and had some talent but hit a bit of a purple patch during their title season.

Oooo.. 4-4-2...

————-Firmino—Salah————-

Mane——Keita——Fabinho——Ox

In front of our usual back four.