Quantcast
Fabinho - Page 60 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

3 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

The question should be where the fuck is Trent to expose the keeper like that?

I just meant that little kick at the end. Looks like he's doing the Charelston.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Duff Man said:

I just meant that little kick at the end. Looks like he's doing the Charelston.

I think he's just going 'ah fuck!' then sees Fabinho come to the rescue.

Adrian is very much a person that lives in the moment. That's why he's completely reckless, impulsive but probably a fun guy to be around (Just not in a professional football match).

• Upvote 1

I'm not in the slightest surprised at his performance at cb, he's going to cover for virg very well. He's an absolute fantastic player, love him, top quality player. 

24 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

The only 2 clean sheets we've kept this season have been with Fabinho at centre back. Coincidence? I think not. 

I’m not surprised that he’s been so good - he was great against Bayern away when Van Dijk was suspended (snuffed out Lewandowski en route to another clean sheet!). Now, I’m not suggesting he’s a better defender than VVD because I don’t think anyone currently playing the game is, but there have been signs that he is potentially a world class centre back in his own right.

This isn’t a fish out of water situation, because he only moved to midfield in 2015. Admittedly he was primarily a right-back before then, but I think he’s obviously just a brilliant defensive player across several positions.

• Upvote 1

He's a great defender, full stop. Midfield, centre back, whatever. The only issue at CB is it's a horses for courses thing. I have zero concern for him against teams who want to play football, who have a lot of skill because his reading of the game is superb.

The test will be, does he have the physicality to stand up against the shit grocks in the league and the set piece merchants. First test against Sheffield United Saturday. If he passes that easily, I mean, there's really nothing to worry about.

22 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

He's a great footballer, full stop. Midfield, centre back, whatever.

Amended.

Simon Hughes wrote an interesting article on him today and compared to Sammer in the way he can play either roll equally well. 

Apparently he’s going to be asked to do more interviews, step up as a leader like Hendo, Milner, Gini, Virg & Robbo all do. 

On 22/10/2020 at 14:01, Duff Man said:

What's Adrian doing?

He’s in the moment, willing Fabinho on. Like those times your sat watching Rocky and throwing air punches at the same time he’s fighting Drago.

6 minutes ago, Anubis said:

He’s in the moment, willing Fabinho on. Like those times your sat watching Rocky and throwing air punches at the same time he’s fighting Drago.

I suppose if he can't stop the shots himself that's something, at least.