Quantcast
Fabinho - Page 59 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Fluter in Dakota said:

Do man city have a player in his position or are they all attacking midfielders? For some reason I see Gungongan in a similar position. 

Rodri. And Fernandinho but he's close to the end.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Wrong thread?

 

Nope, although I can see why you didn't know he was playing. 

 

The gangly fucker strolling  about without a care in the world, offering zero protection to the back four.   Far too many games like that in him. 

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/10/2020 at 22:43, Grinch said:

 

Nope, although I can see why you didn't know he was playing. 

 

The gangly fucker strolling  about without a care in the world, offering zero protection to the back four.   Far too many games like that in him. 

The idea that Fabinho is "often bad" is just silly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fabinho was really poor v Villa.

 

So was everybody else (apart from Salah, Jota & Robertson). 
 

He’s been phenomenal for us. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scott_M said:

Fabinho was really poor v Villa.

 

So was everybody else (apart from Salah, Jota & Robertson). 
 

He’s been phenomenal for us. 

Yeah but its easier to form an opinion when he has a bad game and then tell everyone he has been like that for a while. Some people talk so much shit they end up believing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Yeah but its easier to form an opinion when he has a bad game and then tell everyone he has been like that for a while. Some people talk so much shit they end up believing it. 

I think it's fair to say that he hasn't hit last season's pre injury heights though. The fantastic performance at Chelsea as a CB aside. Hendo and Fabinho are a tremendous midfield partnership and Hendo's absence is making Fabinho look less than his actual ability. Fabinho,Henderson and Thiago will be some line up if we ever get them on the pitch together.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I think it's fair to say that he hasn't hit last season's pre injury heights though. The fantastic performance at Chelsea as a CB aside. Hendo and Fabinho are a tremendous midfield partnership and Hendo's absence is making Fabinho look less than his actual ability. Fabinho,Henderson and Thiago will be some line up if we ever get them on the pitch together.

Your right Naby doesn't offer the same protection that Henderson does, but that doesn't make Fabinho shit and not good at what he does, what it shows is that we are sacrificing defensive stability in the hope of attacking ability dominating the game. When it doesn't work out you can end up getting a Villa type result (not usually to that degree).

 

There is a reason that people target Trent when Henderson isn't playing, not because Trent is shit or Henderson is a world class midfield destroyer but because he covers the space that trent leaves behind and tracks the midfield runners from that side of the pitch.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, SlugTrail said:

Your right Naby doesn't offer the same protection that Henderson does, but that doesn't make Fabinho shit and not good at what he does, what it shows is that we are sacrificing defensive stability in the hope of attacking ability dominating the game. When it doesn't work out you can end up getting a Villa type result (not usually to that degree).

 

There is a reason that people target Trent when Henderson isn't playing, not because Trent is shit or Henderson is a world class midfield destroyer but because he covers the space that trent leaves behind and tracks the midfield runners from that side of the pitch.

Klopp's mentality,same at Dortmund,is to risk a hiding in the event of being behind by a couple of goals or more rather than just shutting up shop. The balance to this is being involved in 6/7 goal thrillers where we come out on top. Having a solid defence and Alisson in goal generally make these games rarities,but with Adrian in goal Fabinho and his midfield colleagues will have to be on their best form to get through the next six weeks relatively unscathed. I can also see Klopp possibly putting Fabinho into the back line and possibly switching Gomez to right back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Klopp's mentality,same at Dortmund,is to risk a hiding in the event of being behind by a couple of goals or more rather than just shutting up shop. The balance to this is being involved in 6/7 goal thrillers where we come out on top. Having a solid defence and Alisson in goal generally make these games rarities,but with Adrian in goal Fabinho and his midfield colleagues will have to be on their best form to get through the next six weeks relatively unscathed. I can also see Klopp possibly putting Fabinho into the back line and possibly switching Gomez to right back. 

Thats definitely a possibility. Could he even move to a variation of 3-5-2 with Fabinho in the middle of VVD and Gomez. Trent and Robbie would make great wingback, thiago and Gini holding Bobby as a number 10 and Salah and A N Other as strikers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a purchase he’s been for us. An absolutely magnificent performance this morning. He’s far from a liability to the team. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, aRdja said:

What a purchase he’s been for us. An absolutely magnificent performance this morning. 

Brilliant signing. Such a clever footballer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, aRdja said:

What a purchase he’s been for us. An absolutely magnificent performance this morning. He’s far from a liability to the team. 

Make him captain when Hendo not on the pitch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

A study in concentration and perfect timing!

His footwork approaching the goal line says it all. He knew exactly where he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×