You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Just now, TheDrowningMan said:

Fabinho came on as a 77th minute sub in the Anfield league game against Spurs. I don’t think I’m being overly optimistic to suggest that they might have a tougher time bossing the midfield with him in from the start.

He turned the tide in our favour that day. They had a couple of chances because we went balls out attacking but the momentum swung our way with him bossing the game.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Em City said:

I've waited nearly 10 years for someone like him. 

It was worth the wait.

So did I.

It was ridiculous. After every window with players arriving and leaving I always used to say: “We’re not sorted – where’s our DM?”

Nearly 10 years you say. At the time Fab came to us it had been 8 years since Mascherano left us. I don’t mind the wait as the one we finally got is maybe the best in the world in his position. I certainly don’t know anyone I’d rather have in that position.

2 hours ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

This picture is everything I wanted to see in a midfielder. 

fabinho-of-liverpool-shouts-at-luis-suar

Gets a yellow for a crunching tackle, shouts "cunt" at the back of his head, then proceeds to put him back in his pocket for the rest of the 90.

I love that!

He'd just levelled Suarez with a man and ball challenge, the fact he got booked was a joke!

But he's so much more than a "destroyer". He has a great range of passing, can run with the ball, and best of all he seems to have bought straight in with the culture of the club.

I'm gonna admit I'd never even heard of him before we signed him. But an incredible bit of business.

Him sitting in midfield behind Ox and Naby is finger lickin' good!

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Fabinho came on as a 77th minute sub in the Anfield league game against Spurs. I don’t think I’m being overly optimistic to suggest that they might have a tougher time bossing the midfield with him in from the start.

Is this like positive? 

One thing that has probably been noted but that I’ll say anyway, is that this is another instance of Klopp signing a player, giving him little playing time before him in until he’s close to indispensable for the big matches. I think the only game against top opponents he’s missed recently was against Spurs (coming on as a late sub), and that was because he was unable to train for a day after an international break.

2 hours ago, Strontium Dog said:

It's extremely satisfying that 8 years after selling Javier Mascherano, we have finally replaced him.

He’s a much better footballer than a Mascherano ever was. There’s a reason he stopped playing in midfield again after he left us.

5 hours ago, Section_31 said:

It's like God delved deep into my soul and created the perfect footballer. 

"I want someone that looks like Sagat from Street Fighter 2, patrols the midfield in front of the back four and just destroys everything, fucking everything and everyone." 

"Consider it done". 

The player we've needed since Masch went but, IMO, a far better passer to boot.

Gladiator, I salute you. 

The highest compliment he can get is that this performance was Mascherano-esque, he destroyed everything in front of him, but like you say he’s better on the front foot than Mascherano. This was his best performance in a red shirt for sure. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

Worth noticing in that clip just how high up the pitch he operates defensively. 

Huge difference in making us more compact in the midfield.

I think thats a big part of why he didn't figure so much when he first joined. I'm sure I read something where Klopp said he has a tendency to drop too deep and he needs to learn how to defend and use his qualities higher up the pitch.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Signed him the day or two days after Kiev didn't we? I was sceptical about him and thought Keita would be the best player we've ever had. Cunt 

I thought he was our Bramley Moore Dock, but he turned out to be real, and really fab.

• Upvote 1

On 10/05/2019 at 16:58, Lario said:

Best of all he seems to have bought straight in with the culture of the club.

Shout out to Mrs Fab too, she seems to have bought straight in with the culture aswell, hopefully that means he will be at the club for a long time if his Mrs likes it here. 

• Upvote 2

My arse went when he got booked after 20 minutes.

Since the departure of the great Lucas Lieva, my arse has forgot to legislate for a supreme defensive midfielder and his mastery. Fabinho reminded me, he put on a show fucking show on Tuesday, didn't he?

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, Aventus said:

Shout out to Mrs Fab too, she seems to have bought straight in with the culture aswell, hopefully that means he will be at the club for a long time if his Mrs likes it here. 

Fuck her.

She is pretty, but voting for a vile, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, far right murderer like Bolsonaro is unpardonable.

I don't care how tight her bum is.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Fuck her.

She is pretty, but voting for a vile, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, far right murderer like Bolsonaro is unpardonable.

I don't care how tight her bum is.

It’s a fucking tragedy that so many people were willing to embrace him, but that’s the world we live in these days. A lot of Brazilian players seem to approve of him, Alisson included. I hope some of them would feel differently if they weren’t so detached from the real world, but the fucker won easily so they probably wouldn’t - this isn’t Trump scraping in with a minority of the vote thanks to the dysfunction of the electoral system. Maybe some of them will develop the ability to not be so easily hoodwinked if he’s an overt failure.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-fascist-jair-bolsonaro-has-the-backing-of-ronaldinho-rivaldo-/18lfnn5qlvzylzkemiq8kp7ru