Quantcast
Fabinho - Page 35 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

On 1/19/2019 at 10:38 PM, Section_31 said:

Some of the balls this guy bangs around are Xabi-esque. 

I liken him to a poor man's Xabi Alonso, 

But that isn't an insult by the way, because we all know how exceptional Xabi was. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, chrisbonnie said:

I liken him to a poor man's Xabi Alonso, 

But that isn't an insult by the way, because we all know how exceptional Xabi was. 

His passing isn’t nearly as good IMO, but his tackling is much better.

He’s more box to box than Alonso and Hamann because he’s a lot more mobile.  He seemed to be everywhere yesterday.  Lucas was a shithouse tackler who gave away countless free kicks in dangerous positions at dangerous times.  This guy is an all rounder so I can understand the Gerrard comparison.  It’s just that Gerrard was THAT good he won’t ever get to that level.  Adding goals would be a bonus but it’s not a necessity considering the position he plays.  Separately I’d add that I reckon he’s our second best in the air after Big Virg.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Was imperious Yesterday.

I really like how he plays positionally. He presses high for a defensive mid. He always wants the ball. Moves into the space ahead of the opposing mids - to take the game forward. Tackles well. covers a lot of ground...

...and makes it all look easy.

Looking a really good player.  And good to see that Keita seems to be finally staking a claim alongside him. 

9 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Can make a good argument on this season's showings that he might be our second-best centre back.

And he's even better in midfield.

Only because some fucking clogger broke Gomez's leg.

He's a class act. I don't think we've seen the best of him yet either. Him and Gini have two starting midfield positions nailed.

20 minutes ago, joe_fishfish said:

Only because some fucking clogger broke Gomez's leg.

Gomez isn’t exotic enough for NMI. Too British.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

We seem to be good at spotting the Brazilian non cunts and signing them. Well done to our scouting department. Huzzah.

It is easier to spot the cunts with Brazilians. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, aRdja said:

Gomez isn’t exotic enough for NMI. Too British.

Gomez is excellent and I think in 3 years he could develop into one of the best centre backs in the world (way above the level Fabinho currently performs at). It's no insult to him to say that he's not quite at that level yet at age 21.

Barely knew a thing about him before we signed him. Wasn't really that arsed when we did. Thought he would flop and Keita would be the main man. I was very wrong. I love him nearly as much as his missus. 

31 minutes ago, Boss said:

Anyone noticed the way he moves with the ball and his body position receiving the ball is exactly like Gerrard's? 

Reminds me a bit of Vieira too. Joyous signing.

• Upvote 1

I think we missed his angled balls over the full back as a way to get round the back, last night. He's very adept at those and would have been a decent weapon against their back line.