Quantcast
Fabinho - Page 32 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

As the thread starter I'd like to remind you all of me nailing my colours to the mast when I said this...

On 5/28/2018 at 9:01 PM, TheBitch said:

Welcome to Anfield.

• Upvote 3

On 12/23/2018 at 1:35 AM, TheBitch said:

As the thread starter I'd like to remind you all of me nailing my colours to the mast when I said this...

Oh aye. Remember this pearler I posted to kick off the Shaqiri thread. 

On 6/6/2018 at 6:19 PM, Captain Turdseye said:

Welcome to Liverpool.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Oh aye. Remember this pearler I posted to kick off the Shaqiri thread. 

Our footballing knowledge knows no bounds.

• Upvote 2

The difference in him from when he played his first game for us is quite something  Looked so slow and off the pace back then, now he's up to speed its all one touch football.  Starting to look like another bargain.

Out of all our signings he was the one that worried me but he's looking very much like he'll go on to be in our first 11. I thought Keita would be the one to make the impact and become one of our most vital midfielders but it's looking like opposite as things stand.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Out of all our signings he was the one that worried me but he's looking very much like he'll go on to be in our first 11. I thought Keita would be the one to make the impact and become one of our most vital midfielders but it's looking like opposite as things stand.

His situation is similar to Firmino in that Klopps not playing him in his best position.  The games where he has looked good have been when played in his normal position.  Injury has set him back too.  

16 minutes ago, karl1987 said:

His situation is similar to Firmino in that Klopps not playing him in his best position.  The games where he has looked good have been when played in his normal position.  Injury has set him back too.  

Bobby is playing in his natural position. He was always a no 10 prior to the last couple of seasons.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Bobby is playing in his natural position. He was always a no 10 prior to the last couple of seasons.

But he has excelled in the other role for us.  A lot of goals and assists in all competitions since Klopp made him into a 9. Considering how many the others around him score, I’d say his best position, natural or not, is the 9. We’ve seen it now. It’s hard to deny it. 

• Upvote 1

Fabinho is exactly the kind of player we needed, proper DM that’s also good in the air. Add to that his creativity, which has been a pleasant surprise, and you have a top class midfielder. Looks an excellent signing.

Hard to tell much about any of our players tonight, because they were all out of sorts (rather like the draw against Arsenal early in the season where they were all off it) but Fabinho was the exception.

Thought he did really well at the back. Excellent news, too, because with Lovren going off injured we really need someone to partner van Dijk back there during the next week or two while Matip and Gomez return to full fitness. We've said for some time how valuable Milner's versatility is - this lad could be just the same, except better in all three of the positions he covers (RB, CB, and DM).

Great that he can perform there, but as Vlad said above we shouldn't need to do this type of thing. We have enough money to buy a CB so fucking around is going to cost us.

What's Stephen Caulker at these days? He's my all time favourite Liverpool player ahead of Nick the Greek.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, KevieG said:

He's looking like a very very good player. 

And will cover 3 positions into the bargain.

As good as he obviously is,he cannot cover those three positions at the same time without becoming the size of a T Rex overnight.