You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Out of all our signings he was the one that worried me but he's looking very much like he'll go on to be in our first 11. I thought Keita would be the one to make the impact and become one of our most vital midfielders but it's looking like opposite as things stand.

7 minutes ago, Elite said:

Out of all our signings he was the one that worried me but he's looking very much like he'll go on to be in our first 11. I thought Keita would be the one to make the impact and become one of our most vital midfielders but it's looking like opposite as things stand.

His situation is similar to Firmino in that Klopps not playing him in his best position.  The games where he has looked good have been when played in his normal position.  Injury has set him back too.  

16 minutes ago, karl1987 said:

His situation is similar to Firmino in that Klopps not playing him in his best position.  The games where he has looked good have been when played in his normal position.  Injury has set him back too.  

Bobby is playing in his natural position. He was always a no 10 prior to the last couple of seasons.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, aRdja said:

Bobby is playing in his natural position. He was always a no 10 prior to the last couple of seasons.

But he has excelled in the other role for us.  A lot of goals and assists in all competitions since Klopp made him into a 9. Considering how many the others around him score, I’d say his best position, natural or not, is the 9. We’ve seen it now. It’s hard to deny it. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/26/2018 at 10:56 PM, The Guest said:

I think it’s gone under the radar how good he actually is in the air.

When Fabinho jumped for his header, this happened in a plane nearby...

radar.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Hard to tell much about any of our players tonight, because they were all out of sorts (rather like the draw against Arsenal early in the season where they were all off it) but Fabinho was the exception.

Thought he did really well at the back. Excellent news, too, because with Lovren going off injured we really need someone to partner van Dijk back there during the next week or two while Matip and Gomez return to full fitness. We've said for some time how valuable Milner's versatility is - this lad could be just the same, except better in all three of the positions he covers (RB, CB, and DM).

Great that he can perform there, but as Vlad said above we shouldn't need to do this type of thing. We have enough money to buy a CB so fucking around is going to cost us.

What's Stephen Caulker at these days? He's my all time favourite Liverpool player ahead of Nick the Greek.

• Upvote 1