You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

8 hours ago, Carvalho Diablo said:

Hendo should be worried, our team is marching on and he is merely tagging along.

Really pleased to see Shearer and Stevie Warnock recognise Fabino's excellent performance today, specifically mentioning the importance of his inclination of winning the ball and playing it forwards / progressively. I'll just let that one sit there.

A genuine question too : in all the years Henderson's been at Anfield has he ever played as well as Fab did today? If so, I can't recall.

He was excellent when we nearly won the league a few years back, he was sorely missed when he was sent off against City to the point where I think that was the moment we lost it

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Captain Howdy said:

He was excellent when we nearly won the league a few years back, he was sorely missed when he was sent off against City to the point where I think that was the moment we lost it

That’s dead right and his energy in that side was essential next to a waning gerrard.

the difference now is that teams park the bus against us more and we need more than energy from our midfielders and he’s too easy to get past defensively to just sit and do a job.

i agree with the poster a little earlier who said we’ve evolved beyond what he gives us.

he’s a better squad player than most good teams have in reserve, and certainly better than we’ve had for a bloody long time, but he is just that now in my opinion - a squad player.

if he, klopp and the players are fine with him still being club captain in a squad player role, then I’m fine with it too.

i no longer want him to be sold, but I want his appearances going forward to be limited as they have been this season.

10 minutes ago, neko said:

Was Fabinho meant to start yesterday, or did that only happen because of the injury to Milner ?

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was already going to be on the bench as he looked shattered at the end of the Napoli game and even got cramp in the final few minutes.

Klopp rarely plays people who’ve suffered from cramp just a few days later, and is being more cautious with Milner in particular this year.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, moof said:

Hendo has had plenty of quality games for us. We’ve got serious depth in midfield, now 

Klopp made an excellent point yesterday on a foreign channel. We dominated Napoli midweek with Milner, Henderson, and Wijnaldum; by Sunday we are dominating Manchester United with Fabinho, Wijnaldum, and Keita. 

Strength. 

We can, of course, improve on these players over time, Hendo would be the first in that group to be upgraded (Rabiot! Rabiot now!), in my opinion. But he plays his part. I think I’d be far less pissed with him if when he came on he didn’t take the armband from the actual Captain. 

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

I think Milner was pencilled in for right back.

I’d be surprised, the way klopp asks our fullbacks to play, after cramping up less than a week ago.

is that a guess on your part or did you hear that from an inside source?

3 hours ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I’d be surprised, the way klopp asks our fullbacks to play, after cramping up less than a week ago.

is that a guess on your part or did you hear that from an inside source?

I don’t know whether I’m just imagining it but in that pre game interview sky do I think they mentioned Clyne to Klopp and he brought up Milner telling them he felt a tight hamstring the night before the game. It sounded like he was explaining the reason he was playing Clyne.

He is a holding midfielder, but in a side that doesn't defend deep like ours the position isn't played the same way. He's got the freedom to do more things in the attack and press. He was kind of box-to-box at Monaco when they played 4-4-2 but they defended deeper. Kind of old school Premier League 4-4-2 from the mid 2000's.