You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Can't wait to see the United fan in work tomorrow, he was laying into Fabinho saying they've dodged a bullet by not buying him. 

Those legs must be a nightmare to play against, it's either tackles coming in from miles away, or interceptions that nobody expects him to reach. Constantly cutting passes out just when they think they are going to break forwards. 

We saw flashes of this in the beginning but he was making mistakes and getting caught out of position a bit, probably why he didn't play much. Some thought it was because klopp realised he was shit, turns out he just needed to polish himself off at Melwood before being released on the big boys. 

What a signing, and what a fine example of man management from klopp. 

And the best part is, because he wasn't playing much until now, those lovely long legs are gonna be some of the freshest in the squad. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Aventus said:

We saw flashes of this in the beginning but he was making mistakes and getting caught out of position a bit, probably why he didn't play much. Some thought it was because klopp realised he was shit, turns out he just needed to polish himself off at Melwood before being released on the big boys. 

Looking at the lovely Rebecca I can't imagine he would need to polish himself off at Melwood.

Hendo must be worried.  He just been left out of the biggest league game of the season and the lad replacing him is the best player on the park.  I actually feel a bit sorry for him because I don’t know where he goes from here.  He’s not going to want to be a squad player in the peak years of his career and he’s not going to play for a team better or on equal footing with us.  The team has outgrown him though.

2 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Hendo must be worried.  He just been left out of the biggest league game of the season and the lad replacing him is the best player on the park.  I actually feel a bit sorry for him because I don’t know where he goes from here.  He’s not going to want to be a squad player in the peak years of his career and he’s not going to play for a team better or on equal footing with us.  The team has outgrown him though.

I'm not sure Henderson has a big ego to be fair to him. He's good enough to be part of the squad but he's going to have to be demoted as captain soon, which may be difficult for him.

Watching this on MOTD

That Fabinho performance on the ball was as close as I have seen to Alonson since he was here. No wasting time on the ball quick releasesd forward. Always on the front foot and his pass is often made in his mind before he has the ball. 

More interceptions and nicking the ball than crunching tackles

Absolutely brilliant today

• Upvote 1

He played very well. He’s clearly a talented player.. Not to take anything away from the performance but just to give a bit of context, we had one more man in midfield than them, and United didn’t press our midfielders. Fabinho played very well, but this was a much easier game for our midfielders than the Arsenal away game for example.

Just now, aRdja said:

He played very well. He’s clearly a talented player.. Not to take anything away from the performance but just to give a bit of context, we had one more man in midfield than them, and United didn’t press our midfielders. Fabinho played very well, but this was a much easier game for our midfielders than the Arsenal away game for example.

Possibly but he will try to play the same way. You can see he wants to do so much on the front foot and get the ball forward at pace. That's what put me in mind of Xabi. Gerrard and Torres really benefitted from it, the knew they could make runs as he would see it, move it quickly and accurately enough for tbem

1 hour ago, The Guest said:

Hendo must be worried.  The team has outgrown him though.

Hendo should be worried, our team is marching on and he is merely tagging along.

Really pleased to see Shearer and Stevie Warnock recognise Fabino's excellent performance today, specifically mentioning the importance of his inclination of winning the ball and playing it forwards / progressively. I'll just let that one sit there.

A genuine question too : in all the years Henderson's been at Anfield has he ever played as well as Fab did today? If so, I can't recall.