Quantcast
Fabinho - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content

Welcome to the new and improved TLW!

Some of you may experience issues logging in and will get an 'incorrect password' error. Don't worry, you haven't typed it in wrong and your password hasn't been changed. You will need to reset it though in order to log in. Click the reset password link and you will receive an email with your new temporary password. Once logged in, you need to choose a new password (or restore to your old one) otherwise you will be locked out again.

If you have an out of date email address linked to your account, then you won't receive the new password. If that's the case then you'll need to email me (dave @liverpoolway.co.uk) or send me a tweet @theliverpoolway and I'll update your password manually. 

Any other problems or questions just let me know.

Thanks

Dave

I've not seen him do anything in a Liverpool shirt to convince me he'll make it here. We should sell while we can still get a good price for him.

Liverpool have agreed to pay a fee of up to £43.7million for Monaco midfielder Fabinho.

Fabinho has long been linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain and Manchester United, but Champions League finalists Liverpool have stolen a march on their rivals

According to the Daily Telegraph, the 24-year-old has been targeted as an ideal replacement for Emre Can, capable of playing in the ‘No. 6 position’. Whatever that is.

The initial fee will be £39.2m, with an extra £4.5m in add-ons.

The Guardian report that Liverpool are ‘increasingly confident’ of closing out the deal, while the Daily Mail suggests the Brazilian ‘wants to move to Anfield’ for ‘the chance to work under Jurgen Klopp’.

The Reds had targeted Jorginho of Napoli, but it is believed that Manchester City will win that race. United are moving for Shakhtar Donetsk midfielder Fred.

Fabinho, like RB Leipzig midfielder Naby Keita, who joins Liverpool in July, is not headed to the World Cup. He was not a part of Brazil’s 23-man squad, thus would have the entire pre-season to prepare on Merseyside

Liverpool Football Club can confirm a deal has been agreed for the transfer of Fabinho from AS Monaco.

The Brazil midfielder will formally seal a switch to the Reds on July 1 after successfully completing a medical and finalising terms on a long-term contract at Melwood.

Fabinho told Liverpoolfc.com: “I am really excited about this move.

“This is something that I always wanted – this is a giant of a team. The infrastructures of the club look exceptional.

“A football club of this size coming after my services, I didn’t have to think that much about coming over.

“I will try to create my own history at this football club. Hopefully, on a personal level, I’m able to win titles with this club.

“I will try to grow and learn and improve myself, and to be part of the club’s history.”

Fabinho, who has four caps for his country, becomes the club’s first signing of the summer transfer window.

The 24-year-old will arrive from Monaco, where he made 225 appearances and scored 29 goals in five seasons with the French club.

Goes to show there isn't really an ITK/journalist out there with a real idea of what's going on. Had any outlets linked him with us before today?? All the noise was that he was dead cert. for United.

• Upvote 3

Yes the reds. Get fulcking in times have changed and we are gonna win the league. Who is he?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Let's see one of those videos where they show all his touches in a game. I'll watch a few of them and the form a irreversible opinion of him.

If however he's here to take Gini's place, then I'm all in!