You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Villa game will be a youth/reserve team. 

Our three home games against Brighton, Everton and Watford should deliver 9 points though I hate playing the bs. 

Bournemouth away is a bit tricky but if we are playing at over 80% it is 3 points.

The world club cup would be nice to win but I wouldn't be risking anyone in games that aren't 100 percent like Robbo or Mo.

The big thing is getting Fab and the lads ready for what will be a very rough and difficult festive period and January.

Guest Pistonbroke
16 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The Villa game will be a youth/reserve team. 

Our three home games against Brighton, Everton and Watford should deliver 9 points though I hate playing the bs. 

Bournemouth away is a bit tricky but if we are playing at over 80% it is 3 points.

The world club cup would be nice to win but I wouldn't be risking anyone in games that aren't 100 percent like Robbo or Mo.

The big thing is getting Fab and the lads ready for what will be a very rough and difficult festive period and January.

Yep.

Leicester away straight after the WCC thing, followed by Wolves and Sheff United who won't be easy. Thankfully both home games. 

16 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Yep.

Leicester away straight after the WCC thing, followed by Wolves and Sheff United who won't be easy. Thankfully both home games. 

The Leicester game scares me I must say. Wolves and Sheffield will be tough.

It would be a lovely Christmas present if Fab was back for Leicester fully fresh.

I still think City are by far the most dangerous team to us, but I don't like Leicester being so near either. They have a really good team throughout. They beat us and they will be really dangerous in the title race.

Guest Pistonbroke
1 minute ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

The Leicester game scares me I must say. Wolves and Sheffield will be tough.

It would be a lovely Christmas present if Fab was back for Leicester fully fresh.

I still think City are by far the most dangerous team to us, but I don't like Leicester being so near either. They have a really good team throughout. They beat us and they will be really dangerous in the title race.

Leicester might drop enough points not to be a worry, but they have a handy set of games either side of the double clash against title favourites. They have 4 easyish games, Everton, Watford, Villa and Norwich, but then they are away to City and play us 5 days later. They than have West Ham, Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham again and then Burnley. Weird that they play West Ham twice in less than a month. 

37 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Leicester might drop enough points not to be a worry, but they have a handy set of games either side of the double clash against title favourites. They have 4 easyish games, Everton, Watford, Villa and Norwich, but then they are away to City and play us 5 days later. They than have West Ham, Newcastle, Southampton, West Ham again and then Burnley. Weird that they play West Ham twice in less than a month. 

Agree with that.

Without Europe, they could go on a run like us in 2014. I don't think they have enough to beat us to the league, but they are a dangerous beast all the same. 

Tielemans, Chillwell, Maddidon and Soyuncu are fabulous talents and Schmeicheal and Vardy are top notch seasoned pros. The rest of their team isn't shabby either.

Guest Pistonbroke
3 minutes ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Agree with that.

Without Europe, they could go on a run like us in 2014. I don't think they have enough to beat us to the league, but they are a dangerous beast all the same. 

Tielemans, Chillwell, Maddidon and Soyuncu are fabulous talents and Schmeicheal and Vardy are top notch seasoned pros. The rest of their team isn't shabby either.

With Leicester a lot will depend on injuries/suspensions and how they deal with them. They have a great starting 11 and some depth, but not a great deal in important areas like up front and at the centre of their defence. Definitely feel more comfortable if they drop a few daft points during the busy period. 

23 hours ago, Ronnie Whelan said:

Agree with that.

Its definitely ideal for Rodgers given that they have no European distractions. That is his whole modus operandi. Leicester are a genuinely good league side this season and at home are an exceptionally difficult side to play against.

59 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Its definitely ideal for Rodgers given that they have no European distractions. That is his whole modus operandi. Leicester are a genuinely good league side this season and at home are an exceptionally difficult side to play against.

Hopefully they lose to the blueshite today but return the favour by beating them in the League Cup. The more games they have the better.

Leicester won’t get 90 pts, as I doubt City will now either . I think that’s the number and from our current position if we fail then we don’t deserve it. We tend to finish strong as the lesser teams don’t have the strength in depth to cope with injuries so all good so far 

Leicester aren't title challengers really.   We'll have completely fucked it if we finish behind them.   Much like Spurs and the rest did the last time they won the league. 

Ourselves and City are miles ahead of anything they had to deal with that year. 

20 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Leicester aren't title challengers really.   We'll have completely fucked it if we finish behind them.   Much like Spurs and the rest did the last time they won the league. 

Ourselves and City are miles ahead of anything they had to deal with that year. 

A few more injuries to us and City and them getting a head of steam over the next few weeks and I wouldn't underestimate them. I certainly dread the game on the 26th December. A lack of European football could make them like us in 2014, without the gigantic pressure that was on us then just as it is now. Obviously we fell short but I'm sure very few Chelsea and City fans would have thought we would do what we did in 2014 coming up to the festive period that year. 

Leicester have a very good first eleven. They don't have a Suarez like we did, nor a Gerrard, but you could argue they have a more balanced team.

I do agree though that if we finished second to Leicester, we have really dropped the ball. 

I agree with Magicrat that 90 points is looking like the number this year. The maximum City can get is 101, so it's hard to see them not dropping more than 11 points over the next 24 games. 

If we were 10-14 points ahead of them when the Champions League resumes, it is possible City may begin to prioritise that. At least that is what I hope. On paper, we have a number of horrible games coming up in December and January so I'd personally settle for being 8 or 9 ahead of them knowing that our run in is much nicer than their's.

I’ll be happy if we come out of Christmas/ New Year still 6 points clear.

There’s some potential to drop points, and if we do it’d likely be against someone we might usually expect to beat, like Wolves perhaps, but I’ve convinced myself that the odds are likely we’ll lose one game, like last season.

As long as we don’t lose to Leicester then keeping them at arms length might be enough to do them in.

Beating them at their place would see them off I think.

3 hours ago, coachpotato said:

I’ll be happy if we come out of Christmas/ New Year still 6 points clear.

There’s some potential to drop points, and if we do it’d likely be against someone we might usually expect to beat, like Wolves perhaps, but I’ve convinced myself that the odds are likely we’ll lose one game, like last season.

As long as we don’t lose to Leicester then keeping them at arms length might be enough to do them in.

Beating them at their place would see them off I think.

If we are 3/4pts clear on January 23rd I'd be happy, we would have a game in hand aswell. 

Boxing day to January 23rd is crucial

Leicester A

Wolves H

Sheff Utd H

Spurs A

Utd H

Wolves A

Leicester 21st Dec - 23Jan

City A

Liverpool H

West Ham A

Newcastle H

Southampton H

Burnley A

West Ham H

So if we still have 3/4pts gap I'd be pretty happy. After that they have Chelsea, Wolves and City on the bounce. 

If we beat Leicester and Leicester lose to City (both possible) and we are only three or four points ahead of Leicester in January, something will have gone horribly wrong.

If Leicester beat us and City, something will have already gone horribly wrong. 

Us and City need to cunt Leicester in the bastard. 

23 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

If we beat Leicester and Leicester lose to City (both possible) and we are only three or four points ahead of Leicester in January, something will have gone horribly wrong.

If Leicester beat us and City, something will have already gone horribly wrong. 

Us and City need to cunt Leicester in the bastard. 

I wouldn’t be upset if they were all draws.