You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

6 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Fuck her.

She is pretty, but voting for a vile, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, far right murderer like Bolsonaro is unpardonable.

I don't care how tight her bum is.

But what if it's really, really tight? 

• Upvote 1

My favorite moment of the Barcelona home match was him winning the ball at the death of it and sprinting up field rather than hoofing it to the corner. Honestly thought he was going to run through them all and score/have a shot but Messi took him down.

Firmino is my favorite player in the squad but Fabinho might just over take him if he keeps putting in performances like that (not that either of them give a shit).

6 hours ago, Kevin D said:

Fuck her.

She is pretty, but voting for a vile, homophobic, racist, misogynistic, far right murderer like Bolsonaro is unpardonable.

I don't care how tight her bum is.

4 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

It’s a fucking tragedy that so many people were willing to embrace him, but that’s the world we live in these days. A lot of Brazilian players seem to approve of him, Alisson included. I hope some of them would feel differently if they weren’t so detached from the real world, but the fucker won easily so they probably wouldn’t - this isn’t Trump scraping in with a minority of the vote thanks to the dysfunction of the electoral system. Maybe some of them will develop the ability to not be so easily hoodwinked if he’s an overt failure.

https://www.goal.com/en/news/why-fascist-jair-bolsonaro-has-the-backing-of-ronaldinho-rivaldo-/18lfnn5qlvzylzkemiq8kp7ru

It's perspective isn't it? They're from a country ravaged by crime and have seen so-called leftist political solutions be unsuccessful. I don't know enough about Bolsonaro to call him a fascist or not. All I've heard as an American is that he wants gun rights for Brasilians without criminal records and to curb the crime problem.

As far as the electoral system in America goes it's exactly where it needs to be, Trump winning doesn't change that. The whole point of the electoral college is so the most populous regions of the country don't control the entirety of the nation. There would be no reason for most of the country to continue in a union where the populations of 3 or 4 states determine the entirety of federal policy. Secession is essentially illegal as a result of the previous attempt so the electoral college is the only resource to check that.

• Upvote 2

I don't know what that means but honestly the political talk is better reserved for the GF or a PM discussion. I have no issues talking about it, hence why I said what I said. It's not my place to tell a Brasilian what's best for their country anymore than it is for me to tell someone from Liverpool they should support or not support Brexit.

I saw some posts I felt the need to reply to and so I did. If anyone wants to have the discussion I'm welcome to it but the thread about the best midfielder at the club isn't the place.

Edit - For the record I think America needs criminal reform in the worst way.

14 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

It's perspective isn't it? They're from a country ravaged by crime and have seen so-called leftist political solutions be unsuccessful. I don't know enough about Bolsonaro to call him a fascist or not. All I've heard as an American is that he wants gun rights for Brasilians without criminal records and to curb the crime problem.

As far as the electoral system in America goes it's exactly where it needs to be, Trump winning doesn't change that. The whole point of the electoral college is so the most populous regions of the country don't control the entirety of the nation. There would be no reason for most of the country to continue in a union where the populations of 3 or 4 states determine the entirety of federal policy. Secession is essentially illegal as a result of the previous attempt so the electoral college is the only resource to check that.

So instead of millions of people in major metropolitan areas deciding who is president, you have a few thousand in rural areas of maybe 3-5 states. That’s not a good system - it wasn’t always a bad one, but no-one could have foreseen what demented bad actors the Republican Party would become.

Having won the popular vote once in the last seven elections (but the electoral college in three of them) it’s a great shame that what was once a legitimate party of the right has responded by doubling down on its base elements instead of rejecting the demagoguery that has led to Trump. Wouldn’t be that hard with a bit of goodwill - on the other side of the aisle even the most left-wing candidate in Sanders would be a middle of the road Blairite in the UK.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

So instead of millions of people in major metropolitan areas deciding who is president, you have a few thousand in rural areas of maybe 3-5 states. That’s not a good system - it wasn’t always a bad one, but no-one could have foreseen what demented bad actors the Republican Party would become.

Having won the popular vote once in the last seven elections (but the electoral college in three of them) it’s a great shame that what was once a legitimate party of the right has responded by doubling down on its base elements instead of rejecting the demagoguery that has led to Trump. Wouldn’t be that hard with a bit of goodwill - on the other side of the aisle even the most left-wing candidate in Sanders would be a middle of the road Blairite in the UK.

I'm not doing this on this thread. PM me or take it to the GF.

7 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

I'm not doing this on this thread. PM me or take it to the GF.

Fair enough, you’re quite right in saying this isn’t the place - I will end by saying that regardless of what I think of these politicians, I’m not casting aspersions on the feelings or motivations of individual voters as a monolithic bloc.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Disagree about “unsuccessful leftist political solutions” Lula lifted 40m people out of poverty and was taken as a political prisoner on bogus corruption charges, he would have been a shoe in to win the election, otherwise. Won’t get into it here, though. It’s certainly a country that has plenty of problems. 

41 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Their loss. Fuck'em.

Nobody has accounted for the phantom injury that Man City will report on, resulting in a last minute call-up to the squad for Fabinho.