You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

He set the no bullshit, in-yer-face tone early on along with Robertson. He was superb all game- it's particularly impressive given he was on a yellow for most of it against a team of utter shithouses and he didn't let up in his aggression one bit. Imagine being dead on your feet in the 90th minute and seeing him intercept Messi and pull away to earn a free kick. The lift he gave me sitting at home, biting my nails was immense and I'm sure it must have been to the rest of the team.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Booked in the 11th minute, playing against Suarez and Messi, no worries.

This lad's football intelligence is phenomenal. 

And another klopp/Edwards bargain to boot 

I know literally our whole team, subs included where immense, but for me both Fabinho and trent stood out just a little bit more. 

Trent with his moment of magic and Fabinho to do what he did, with the yellow was something special. 

Amazing

Obviously we play a different type of footy to City - Their playmakers are in the middle of the park and ours and at fullback - but the one thing they had last season (well apart from a keeper that could actually keep the ball out of the net) that I envied was Fernandinho. Just the kind of snide, shithouse centre mid that we've missed since Mascherano went.

Well we've got our own Fernandinho now, and some. He's top class in the air, absolutely dominates any high balls into midfield. Great tackler with the kind of telescopic legs we've missed since Momo and fantastic with the ball. Rarely wastes a pass and is always looking to be progressive with his balls forward. Fucking love him.

• Upvote 8

43 minutes ago, JustTosh said:

I honestly believe VVD is the best central defender in the world.

Fabinho is beginning to look like the best holding midfielder in the world.

We have quite a few shouts for 'best in the world'. When talking about best players, there's generally a group of players in any one position that could have that name, and it can even be game dependant. De Gea is in the group for keepers, but could we say that about him on his recent form? No, but he deserves to be in the conversation because it's not just based on form (if it was, Matip would be in with a fucking shout, for sure). For me, players who deserve to be in that conversation... 

Alisson

Van Dijk

Robertson

TAA

Gini

Fabinho

Mane

Salah

Firmino

That's fucking outrageous. Fucking outrageous. 

10 minutes ago, No2 said:

Only downside of last night was his performance.

Them Spanish cunts will both want him now.

Casemiro starts over him for Brazil, no?

Barca only just signed Frenkie De Jong for his role too... so 

I've honestly never been so relaxed about keeping our top players. We would ask absolutely massive money for any of our superstars. Like when I see people panicking about us selling VVD, he'd cost at least £120-130mil. At least. And no one will pay that. One of the Spanish papers said we asked for £175mil plus Vinicius Junior for Mane and Real shit it.

• Upvote 2

It's like God delved deep into my soul and created the perfect footballer. 

"I want someone that looks like Sagat from Street Fighter 2, patrols the midfield in front of the back four and just destroys everything, fucking everything and everyone." 

"Consider it done". 

The player we've needed since Masch went but, IMO, a far better passer to boot.

Gladiator, I salute you. 

• Upvote 8

He's a winner. The type of player who will probably end his career with every trophy in his cabinet. Hopefully from playing here.

His fucking face when he burst through the middle in stoppage time and was fouled by Messi, the way he wouldn't let Suarez and co. bully him. Man he's so great.

He’s not far off a complete midfielder.

Like Sugar Ape said above I can’t get worried about players leaving.  Even ignoring the money side which makes it difficult for the old Euro giants being able to afford them, nights like the other night don’t happen anywhere else.  What happened to Coutinho won’t have been missed by our lads either.  Their fans were apparently kicking off at Messi at the airport.  Honestly can you imagine that happening here.

I bet when Fabinho joined he didn’t realise what he was buying into.  His face the other night was a picture.

11 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Love the way Fab and Alisson are buzzing here. 

It's astonishing the level of quality of one single spine of players Klopp has managed to bring in in such a small space of time in Alison, Virg and Fabinho. Arguably the best in the world or going to be the best in their respective roles.