You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

1 minute ago, TheHowieLama said:

Seemed to win alot of balls and move us forward today.

He is so much better than henderson. Although Henderson has played well recently he is still prone to losing focus like his foul and rant at it being given rather than standing near the ball. Interesting that Henderson left the pitch without shaking Klopp's hand, as Salah went off there was a warm hug. 

Henderson is good Fabinho is better. 

9 minutes ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

He is so much better than henderson. Although Henderson has played well recently he is still prone to losing focus like his foul and rant at it being given rather than standing near the ball. Interesting that Henderson left the pitch without shaking Klopp's hand, as Salah went off there was a warm hug. 

Henderson is good Fabinho is better. 

This reads like a twelve year old arguing that Nintendo is better than Sega. 

Guest Alex_K

It's a decision that is tough to reason with, but maybe he was omitted because the games where he has struggled are against high energy opponents nipping at him (like Arsenals Uruguayan midfielder) - and Tottenham do like to press. Was superb when he came on, anyway (Origi offered another useful cameo, too)

I don't mind Henderson as a steady Eddie type player who is brought on as a sub when you're a couple of goals up with 15 minutes to go just to play the game out, other than that there is no way he should be in ahead of Fabinho.

A midfield with Henderson and Milner in it reminds me of when Rafa occasionally (and that was too many times) started with Mascherano and Sissoko   

Henderson was quite poor yesterday and Milner just ran around a lot but was more of a steady Eddie yesterday than Henderson usually is. Gini does a lot of work but with nobody taking advantage his performance went slightly unnoticed by many. As soon as Fabinho came on the midfield looked much better.

On 31/03/2019 at 20:46, Jennings said:

Fab is fucking great.

When he signed, I thought..."meh...looks bang average - but I am not concerned 'cos Keita will own the prem." 

I was sooo wrong. I could love him as much as I loved Xabi, if this goes on.

Sorry, Sir! Accidental neg while attempting to rep. I Pickforded that one right up...

• Upvote 1

On 31/03/2019 at 16:30, Alex_K said:

It's a decision that is tough to reason with, but maybe he was omitted because the games where he has struggled are against high energy opponents nipping at him (like Arsenals Uruguayan midfielder) - and Tottenham do like to press. Was superb when he came on, anyway (Origi offered another useful cameo, too)

It's just Klopp going with the more experienced player in his system and in the Premier League for a big game. Henderson's been here for ages, Fabinho for only 10 months. 

I don't really agree with it, but it is what it is. 

Guest Alex_K

Hmm - he's started all games against United, Arsenal & Everton, so not sure it's as clean cut as that. Conversely he's started neither of the games against City or Spurs. Suggests it's tactical.

• 1 month later...

Also love the fact that hes  a master in the art of "shithousery" football.  Constantly getting in the opposiiton players faces like he did with Messi and Suarez tonight, along with making those crunching tackle.  All in all just being a complete pain the the ass to the other team mentally and physically. Just love it.