You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

El Rojo DM’d me last week telling me that that this was close but expected to complete in June.

I’m hearing the club are trying to eliminate ITKs by getting solid business done for quality players with a minimum of fuss and rumours.

I’m livid.

A transfer so top secret it could have been announced on Ceefax, This was a throwback to the good old days where before we know it, the deal is done.

I don't know a lot about this lad but they won the league last year with him at the heart of midfield. He is going to be a good player. We haven't had a proper destroyer in midfield since we sold The Chief and I think consecutive managers have ultimately suffered because of that.

Let us hope we're as swift, clinical and efficient with the rest of our deals this summer. This is a very, very good start.

• Upvote 1

Fabinho might be shit, he might be.

But I'm happy.

I'm happy because it's shown that Klopp knows. He sees and he knows. This is his attempt at beefing up the physicality in the team, to make us better against the rabble that drag us onto the rocks of 1 point. He saw it, he's responded to it.

And either Fabinho works, which judging by the Klopp track record is very likely. Or he doesn't, and Klopp finds another player to perform the role. But the role profile in the team is set.

If he's half as good as people make out, then why only £40m? I think he had a contract until 2021?

Makes you wonder if Monaco were unwilling to do business with City or United for some reason? Perhaps the background to the sales of Bernardo Silva, Martial, Mendy wasn't healthy?

A midfield of Fabinho, Keita, Ox, and potentially Fekir, with Hendo, Gini and Milner as squad options fills me with glee. Realistically would expect a departure or two, Can obviously has gone and Lallana will probably follow.