You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Sergio Ramos

Hades

What was Mane's intention when he moved towards to ball that Ramos was in possession of that resulted in a yellow card? If that warranted a yellow and VAR was used to issue it then fair play, he would absolutely have deserved it. But the footage being watched (just like the replays used on TV) would show that the intention was more from Ramos to get Mane booked.

I knew instantly from the angle of the cameras used that Ramos' intention was to cause damage to Salah. Whether the intention was to cause as much damage as he did is completely irrelevant. If Mane's challenge warranted a yellow, Ramos' deserved a red all day long.

As I say, my understanding (and this could be wrong BTW) VAR is being used by a team watching the screens from various angles and one of them almost certainly would see the way the players went down and think something isn't right here and the time that Salah is on the floor could have been used to look at it closer.

It's all ifs and buts here - with VAR being employed in the World Cup though I am hopeful that snidey acts like that will be prevented before they even begin because of the potential for it to be seen and acted on. When it's not there, these problems will continue and players have no protection against it.

I agree Mane shouldn’t have been booked and Ramos clearly wanted to get him sent off as soon as he got Salah off the pitch, as for the VAR thing, I think it’s just one man watching it and can only be used if there’s a “clear and obvious” mistake, this instance isn’t clear and obvious, well to me and you it’s obvious he meant it but they had 3 ex professionals one of whom is a former captain and they all said it wasn’t intentional so you can see where the problem would be in giving him a red card for it.

Look you’re right and in hindsight knowing the severity of Salah’s injury it should have resulted in a red card but in isolation pulling an opponent to the ground is a yellow card at best, Madrid would just argue he pulled him down and unfortunately Salah got injured. These types of snidey shit won’t be eradicated solely with VAR because as others have pointed out Madrid, Barca, Utd etc are above the law and they get away with all sorts because of their status.

VAR should have picked up the elbow on Karius though- that's as clear cut a red card offence as you'll get.

Like I said I don’t think it’s used in that way, I could be wrong though. Also again he’d probably get away with it as it was a push by Van Dijk that sent him towards Karius, the fact he threw out his arm wouldn’t matter to the powers that be. It wasn’t even mentioned in any post match analysis I’ve seen so that tells you how far under the radar that prick can get.

God I wish these cunts would just fuck off.

I just love the fact he says towards the end that he really, REALLY didn't want to make the video but as there were so many loyal viewers just waiting to see it he had no choice.

It must be great to be so important.

Hoping to see this cunt crying when Spain lose in the World Cup.

karl_b has Spain in the sweepstake. I wonder what lengths he will go to for the win?

When it happened, it felt similar to when Mane was sent off against City - same sort of shock, same consequences. We lost our focus and our momentum at a crucial time. .

Spot on. I was going to say the same last night but after the events of the match I couldn’t be fucked.

To be honest I have never rated Ramos very highly as a player,he's ok but nothing more and doesn't really need to be when you buy as many of the best attacking players in the world that you can. If he was playing for a lesser team he wouldn't stand out,in my opinion. This goes for most of Real's defenders and keeper too.

Hoping to see this cunt crying when Spain lose in the World Cup.

No.

I want Ramos's "heart" broken, snapped in two, and then systematically cut up into small pieces with a Stanley knife... while his "soul" hopefully watches on....

And then I'd like Real's spiritual No1 Season Ticket Holder, General Franco, to return from the grave, and take a massive chorizo-flavoured dump all over the shredded ribbons of Ramos's "heart".

I use inverted commas for "heart" and "soul", because this is all just a metaphorical/metaphysical and psychological fantasy of mine, of course.

I don't wish any actual physical harm on the boy Ramos.

That would be far too good for him.

I'd love the club to make a complaint about this cunt. It might make us look like sore losers or small-time but fuck it. It's easy to highlight what a cunt this guy was in the match, the game was littered with incidents involving Ramos and frankly the club should not take this lying down. How on earth such a player can be celebrated by any club let alone a club like Real Madrid I don't know.

I'd love the club to make a complaint about this cunt. It might make us look like sore losers or small-time but fuck it. It's easy to highlight what a cunt this guy was in the match, the game was littered with incidents involving Ramos and frankly the club should not take this lying down. How on earth such a player can be celebrated by any club let alone a club like Real Madrid I don't know.

The way to respond to this is to wise up and if and when the chance arises next season to get him done in just as snide and 'clever' way where whoever does him walks away unpunished...

Sadly our nivea nice boys wouldn't have the first idea about how to get it done.

I try to not get too emotionally involved in footy these days. I move on pretty quickly and in the scheme of things not really too bothered compared to what I used to be like. But ... i think this is the first time I’ve really experienced pure hatred for someone. Ramos is such a peice of shit.

If I think about it and what he did too much I could get dragged to very dark place.