You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Best goals that were disallowed

Bob

In an attempt to add further distraction, if choosing your pants for the final or churning out z-cars isn’t your thing, tell me about amazing disallowed goals you’ve seen and can recall.

I’m watching the road to Istanbul on YouTube and haven’t for an age, and totally forgot just how sweet Gerard’s volley was in the very first game, that was chalked off due to Cisse trying an overhead kick he would never have got near.

2:30 in (or thereabouts)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wIXe3BMTU6A

Romania vs Bulgaria at Euro 96. Romania had a corner, played it diagonally out to Munteanu, who smashed it from about thirty yards out. Hit the underside of the bar and went about a foot over the line, but the spin brought it back out.

Can't find it on YouTube, but it's here if anyone wants to see, about 50 seconds in -  https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4gocr3

Suarez scored one at Anfield from the touch line area,probably in line with penalty spot. He took it early and hit it with the outside of his foot. It was pure precision and went into the top corner.

I can't remember who against though

Ref disallowed it as he has not blown whistle

Alec Lindsay's belter against Newcastle in 1974 , luckily it wasn't too costly.

Yeah and I still maintain Alec was not offside.

Another one was that Spurs goal from almost the half way line at Old Trafford that almost hit the back of the net before their keeper clawed it out and the ref waved play on. Even the keeper went could you not tell that ball was 6 foot over the line in amazement.

• Upvote 1

Ah, man. I feel gutted all over again watching that. I was bouncing around for a good 10 seconds before I realised it had been ruled out.

Never got the breaks in his second spell.  Being took off not long before we earned a penalty on his last game still jars too.

• 1 year later...

Although not of classic quality, Robbie's goal in the last minute V Charlton, on a brass monkeys night in February 2006. Sitting in the Paddock, Anfield Rd end, and as the goal went in, I followed the lead of the Kop and the rest of the crowd in wild celebration, and kneecapped myself off the seat in front - both legs... and then it was ruled out for fucking offside!

As I said, not a classic goal, but it deserved better than the pain it caused.

Suarez moment of genius against Newcastle the final game of the 2013/14 season (I think). Took the free kick before the ref blew the whilstle so was disallowed.

You can't really see the angle on this video, I was on the halfway line in the Centenary Stand so the perfect angle, he hit it with the outside of his left boot with no run up.

Keeper off his line but typical snide Suarez moment.

Excuse the music, the only clip I could find