You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What are you drinking for the game?

Bjornebye

I've already got a 3-month hangover from working about 10-12 hours a day and drinking the rest of the time (and watching Liverpool)... with an average of about 5.5 hrs sleep a night.

My wife and daughter are checking into a hotel tomorrow night, so I may have a Hendricks and Tonic or something with my wife early evening (the game doesn't start here til 4.45am Sunday).

Will go home from hotel sharpish, and I'll then be endeavouring to get my 10yo son to bed by 8pm... and will then TRY and stay dry myself, and somehow drift off to sleep.

I reckon I'll be up around 3am for pre-match.  

Fuck knows what I'll drink - could be a mixture of generic beer and possibly white wine, maybe red.

Will wake son up around 4.30am for the match, and have a couple of mates coming round that time too (I guess with beers)

Son is playing footy at 10am though (will also need to get him back to bed for an hour and a half after the match).... So if I am drunk, I shall have to try to hide it well out in Sunday morning "soccer mum" suburbia.

Although his teammates' parents will have a fair and forgiving inkling of what I've been up to, I'd say.

Let's hope we win, because I'm a much better drunk when happy.

PS. Guinness might be a good shout.

No and no.

Draught and about 45 f -- fucks with the nitrogen if it is too cold

This is England, son. Pubs here have two options for Guinness on draught. Usual Guinness or Guinness ‘extra cold’.

I’ve always assumed the second option was for paedophiles but these CL finals don’t come around that often so you can’t hold it against him.

Especially not if he’s under 16.