You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

I think the reaction to Salah going off from the rest of the team and the fanbase has actually disappointed me more than Karius' mistakes. The only positive was that we did manage to get ourselves back into the game after the first mistake, but after that, nothing. And once Bale scored that worldie there just seemed to be an acceptance we were going to get beat.

Only Sadio Mane showed any real desire for us to get back into I felt. And Lovren and VVD didn't deserve to lose either. Firmino was piss poor and Hendo frustrated me with his sideways, backwards passing.

All in all a really frustrating and disappointing night. We gifted Real Madrid the game they didn't even have to play well in. It's going to be a while before I get this one out of my system.

He should have been able to play with one fucking arm, if he'd cared enough. No real surprise when he's been linked to Madrid though is it. 

Because I'm a masochist, I've been looking at Redcafe and this is basically verbatim what a poster on there who was trying to wind up a Liverpool fan was saying. Embarrassing coming from what I assume to be an actual Liverpool fan. Wind it in with that crap. 

I think the reaction to Salah going off from the rest of the team and the fanbase has actually disappointed me more than Karius' mistakes. The only positive was that we did manage to get ourselves back into the game after the first mistake, but after that, nothing. And once Bale scored that worldie there just seemed to be an acceptance we were going to get beat.

Only Sadio Mane showed any real desire for us to get back into I felt. And Lovren and VVD didn't deserve to lose either. Firmino was piss poor and Hendo frustrated me with his sideways, backwards passing.

All in all a really frustrating and disappointing night. We gifted Real Madrid the game they didn't even have to play well in. It's going to be a while before I get this one out of my system.

I don’t think we lost the game for the lack of trying. When we lost Salah we lost our best player; probably the only player we had who could get a game for Madrid. Still, If we had Ming in goal, we would’ve gone to extra time.

The simple soltuion is to just actually hurt them from now on. its not the right thing to do but what else is one supposed to do? especially when a ref is keeping his cards down. why play by the rules if no one else is?

I think you’re right.

Go up for a header and open his head up with an elbow. Might get a red, probably, but also a standing ovation.

I always thought we’d lose last night, even if Salah wasn’t assaulted, because Madrid somehow have the ref eating from their hand.

I said it a while back, but it’s a ‘skill’ our players lack. It’s so, so unfortunate to label it a skill or positive trait, but Madrid and Barca have set new standards for chicanery.

Lovren “critical witness”. Lol comment. Our best player tonight. Would’ve been 4-0 without him.

This is part of the problem, people reversing judgements of players based on one or two showings. He's patently shit over the course of the season.

Worst thing about last night is that a truly brilliant season will be remembered and defined in retrospect by a shitshow from one player - a bit like Gerrard’s slip in 13/14. It feels fucking unfair. Everything that could go wrong did go wrong and the sight of that bench warming man-bun wearing monkey boy gurning away makes me fucking sick.

We competed, defended well and I think could have picked them off at the end too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

This is part of the problem, people reversing judgements of players based on one or two showings. He's patently shit over the course of the season.

On the contrary, I’ve been quite consistent on this you’ll find.

I think Lovren has been good on the whole this season and even better since VvD has arrived. I feel that a bigger problem than fans revising opinions based on facts, is fans who dig in and are more interested in following their own petty vendettas against players.

I think Lovren has been good on the whole this season and even better since VvD has arrived. I feel that a bigger problem than fans revising opinions based on facts, is fans who dig in and are more interested in following their own petty vendettas against players.

Quite a few times against Roma he was playing people onside, he's the undoubted weak link in what I reckon is now a potentially world class back four.

Quite a few times against Roma he was playing people onside, he's the undoubted weak link in what I reckon is now a potentially world class back four.

He played well, last night but Lovren is not good enough. If after watching him for 4 years, you can't tell that he is shite, then you're a bloody menace. Better to go be an MP.

Has anyone thought about the person who needs consoling? Someone who made awful mistakes but will need the strength to bounce back. He needs our support, so I wanna be the first to say to Joe Strummer - dust yourself down; yeah, your thread cost us the final and its completely your fault, but you can recover. Keep things simple; go back-to-basics by starting a non-controversial thread. Use this as a platform to reinvent yourself.

YNWA.

• Upvote 1

I was always against dropping Mignolet for Karius, because I didn’t think either was very good, and Mignolet wasn’t having that bad a season.

Hopefully they will both be dropped now as this must be obvious to Klopp now. No point swapping one for the other as they are both as bad as each other and can be good on occasion. If that's the standard we want in goal then more matches will be lost when they matter the most.

A good goalkeeper will always be money well spent for a team with ambitions.

I was always against dropping Mignolet for Karius, because I didn’t think either was very good, and Mignolet wasn’t having that bad a season.

For his whole Liverpool career, Mignolet has been like those pears he flogs: fleetingly solid, but guaranteed to turn to soft shite.

He was, demonstrably, one of the worst shot-stoppers in the league - and shot-stopping was supposed to be the only thing he was any good at. Karius was a marked improvement and was continuing to improve.

Like I say, with Mignolet last night we still would have lost; it's just that the first goal probably wouldn't have happened and some other goals probably would.

Has anyone thought about the person who needs consoling? Someone who made awful mistakes but will need the strength to bounce back. He needs our support, so I wanna be the first to say to Joe Strummer - dust yourself down; yeah, your thread cost us the final and its completely your fault, but you can recover. Keep things simple; go back-to-basics by starting a non-controversial thread. Use this as a platform to reinvent yourself.

YNWA.

Joe can go in the summer

That salah injury seriously fucked us. Of all the players. The team/squad needs real investment. We have sold our our best players in the past to fund our buys it shouldn't be accepted any more. People hate the net spend argument but for us it really does highlight how we sell off the best bits of our team, our bench is mediocrity a team like Liverpool deserves better. Klopp has worked wonders but there's only so much he can do. It doesn't mean we go mad with transfers but we should do more than we have in the past.

For his whole Liverpool career, Mignolet has been like those pears he flogs: fleetingly solid, but guaranteed to turn to soft shite.

He was, demonstrably, one of the worst shot-stoppers in the league- and shot-stpping was supposed to be the only thing he was any good at.

Like I say, with Mignolet last night we still would have lost; it's just that the first goal probably wouldn't have happened and some other goals probably would.

Yeah but what I saw from Karius last season I didn’t like. I didn’t see any point in dropping Mignolet then, for a goalie who I didn’t think was much better. I remember after the Arsenal game pointing out to posters that he’d made less costly errors than some world class goalkeepers; Cech and Lloris.

Ah well another defeat.

We're getting expert at fucking cup finals up.

Not to worry though we'll have some whopper saying we go again and I'm not even that gutted  and we did well just to get there. etc etc.

All of which I've heard today.

• Upvote 3

Yeah but what I saw from Karius last season I didn’t like. I didn’t see any point in dropping Mignolet then, for a goalie who I didn’t think was much better. I remember after the Arsenal game pointing out to posters that he’d made less costly errors than some world class goalkeepers; Cech and Lloris.

Cech is fucking dogshit and he has been for years.