You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

Be interesting to see what two weeks off will have done for us....as long a break as the players have had in a while.

Think Real Madrid have played a lot more games since the semis than us so maybe there is a weakness for us to exploit there in terms of tiredness - although with their big squad i am sure they have made plenty of changes in those games.

I'm dreading it yet looking forward to it at the same time. I just hope we play to our best. If we give it our best shot we have a chance but obviously Real will be big favourites. I hope Bale does not play, have a feeling he'd have a good game if he starts. 

I'm dreading it yet looking forward to it at the same time. I just hope we play to our best. If we give it our best shot we have a chance but obviously Real will be big favourites. I hope Bale does not play, have a feeling he'd have a good game if he starts.

He probably still feels he owes us one for that time we sang "You're just a shit Stewart Downing".

I just hope we play well. I know it's all about the result but we aren't the sort of side that can win playing shite it's something you only develop by becoming serial winners.

The thing with us is you can usually tell after 10 minutes if the free flowing side is turning up and if it does then I think we've got a great chance.

I think I wrote on an earlier thread that I couldn't get up for the final as we hadn't got fourth sewn up but the closer it's getting the more scared and excited I'm becoming.

Win or lose the fact that in forty years we have been in eight of these finals is a tremendous achievement especially when you consider for 28 of those years bar a handful of seasons we've been utter garbage

The thing with us is you can usually tell after 10 minutes if the free flowing side is turning up and if it does then I think we've got a great chance.

I disagree, there was a couple of times where we didn't really get going til late on in the first half, before we become more comfortable and eventually unleash the beast.

I suppose I agree, but maybe make it 30 minutes instead of 10.

Thats what I'm expecting here too, I think our players will be very nervy at first, leaving us shitting ourselves, then the blitzkrieg.

Team dropped in to visit Agger at his Marbella home.

ed8400fa-8e6f-47b5-9gpqz8.jpeg

Hope he had at least two packets of Hob Nobs ready. No way he had enough cups though. I reckon he had people drinking their tea out of jam jars, cereal bowls and even his toothbrush holder.

Surprising lack of fashion monstrosities there. Moreno obviously looks daft, and I'm not sure about Bobby's over the shoulders pink jumper look...

However, who the fuck is that on the far right with the ropey three-quarter length shorts with turn-ups?

Whoever it is, he can go in the summer.

Still gutted about the Ox missing this. He'd be gutted too of course but he would have been such a good option. Our midfield does look a bit flat without him. Hopefully Lallana can step in if needed and play as well as we know he can. 

The dependency on our front 3 will be greater than ever but Real's shambolic defending against Juve and Bayern give me hope. If we can put their defence under pressure like Juve/Bayern did we will create openings, just hope the boys up front will be as clinical as they have been all season.