You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

Looks like Spurs will now be promoted to Pot 2 for next seasons CL while we will be in Pot 3. Apparently Spurs get the nod to be in Pot 2 ahead of us as the higest ranking Pot 3 team. UEFA works in mysterious ways. However if both Benfica and Basle fail to qualify for the groups we could be bumped into Pot 2 to.

City in Pot 1 United in Pot 2. Even EL winners Atletico get into Pot 1.

Madrid in the group stage, please. Let’s get Zidane sacked by helping to ease them out at the first hurdle.

Yeah its last 5 years

Even with that though funny how Spurs who habe not played a semi final in that time are ahead of us who have made both European trophy finals. Just shows how bad it is to miss a year of points.

Yeah its last 5 years

Even with that though funny how Spurs who habe not played a semi final in that time are ahead of us who have made both European trophy finals. Just shows how bad it is to miss a year of points.

We could be in Pot Noodle for all I care.  

Yeah its last 5 years

Very much so.

We also had a year out of Europe under Rodgers in 2013/2014, mind you. 

Guest Alex_K

Pretty much. Madrid were and are the better side, but the way we lost was almost comical in how tragic it was. Just wasn't our night. No use beating ourselves up over it.

I think first 11 v 11, they’re obv stronger on paper but in a game it’s debateable. Even against our hamstrung side, they hardly turned in a virtuoso performance. Nothing like the Barca side of the late 00s for example — against whom we’d probably have about 15% possession and lose 4-0. Madrid look more like one of the late 90s/early 00 Italian sides who do just enoug to manage the game out. Then again they are a very old team. Madrid 3 yrs ago probably different proposition.

Being scarred by European final football is just a given when you’re in contention, for any club other than Madrid that is. Ask Atlético, Juve, Bayern against Utd./Chelsea etc.

The ‘proud of our lads’ thing grates with me a little. It’s not enough. We’re not Aston Villa. We badly, badly need to start winning trophies again. Second is nowhere for us.

We’ve a great manager and a few, but not enough, top class players. That needs to be remedied in the summer.

• Upvote 1

Waiting for a delayed flight in Moldova after an epic 7hr drive on what seemed like the surface of the moon.

Great trip with a great bunch only spoilt by all the people getting scammed by taxi, drivers,touts, having to pay cunts at borders and all the general thieving going on.

Totally gutted after the game but I think a lot of that was hearing my young fella had burst into tears at Salah's butching by that dog Ramos.

Only another ,hopefully 12 -13 hrs before bed but anyway Up the Redmen.

Your mate had a meltdown when I couldn’t send him messages due to signal and he got one from me saying ‘not sure you’re getting these mate’ referencing the messages. He genuinely thought I was screwing him over for his ticket! I’m stuck in Vienna airport for the night. The border crossings at the Polish/Ukraine boarder were ridiculous. Seven and a half hours total over the two crossings and a coach with the same company was there four hours after we left today with a loss missing their flights home.

Your mate had a meltdown when I couldn’t send him messages due to signal and he got one from me saying ‘not sure you’re getting these mate’ referencing the messages. He genuinely thought I was screwing him over for his ticket! I’m stuck in Vienna airport for the night. The border crossings at the Polish/Ukraine boarder were ridiculous. Seven and a half hours total over the two crossings and a coach with the same company was there four hours after we left today with a loss missing their flights home.

Ha, I know he was in an awful state with messages getting delayed an everything.

That's some dose stuck overnight We've just landed in Dublin about 4 or 5 more hours till home as long as we hit the 12.30 bus or we're stuck here till 6.30am

The devastation has set in, its like all the serotonin has been taken from my brain. Why the fuck does it always have to end this way for us, feels like we’re chasing the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Because Jurgen is fantastic at polishing turds in to top top footballers.

But he sometimes sticks with some turds too long.

Moreno and the hair model have cost him, and LFC, 2 Euro pots now. 

Said it on another thread, but i am gutted for the likes of Milner and Robertson.

The absoulte dedication to getting to that final, cancelled out by that hopeless fool.

That fucking competition winner in goal, rewrote the true order of fate with his fuckery.

Its like he got in a time machine with the sole purpose of fucking things up and re-ordering history.

Incompetence the like of which has never been seen before.

Off the scale. Laughing stock.

Still industrial levels of fume and guttedeness here.

• Upvote 2

It feels like with Salah and Karius, the final was a write off and not a fair representation of how things could have gone, win lose or draw. Just horrible luck. Yes, Ramos is a cunt but 9 times out of 10, the player tackled gets up and plays on. And Karius makes mistakes, but that double was unprecedented.

Such an anticlimax.

The ‘proud of our lads’ thing grates with me a little. It’s not enough. We’re not Aston Villa. We badly, badly need to start winning trophies again. Second is nowhere for us.

We’ve a great manager and a few, but not enough, top class players. That needs to be remedied in the summer.

Spot on.  It really pisses me off, that sort of stuff.  It would have been laughed at in the days when we were good.  Paisley et al would have been laughing loudest.

It feels like with Salah and Karius, the final was a write off and not a fair representation of how things could have gone, win lose or draw. Just horrible luck. Yes, Ramos is a cunt but 9 times out of 10, the player tackled gets up and plays on. And Karius makes mistakes, but that double was unprecedented.

Such an anticlimax.

Agree with that.

It felt like the wind left our sails when Sallah went off, saying that though, if Karius had been playing for Madrid we probably would have won.

CONFIRMED: MOHAMED SALAH OUT FOR CHAMPIONS LEAGE FINAL 

Liverpool approach Saturday's Champions League final against holders Real Madrid in Kiev with a belief they can "go for the big things" embedded in their DNA, says manager Jurgen Klopp. Salah's last-minute injury could cause some concern as I'm just joking because he's not injured "allez, allez, allez!"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44258022

I take full responsibility for jinxing Salah. 

• Downvote 1

The goalkeeping mistakes don't even bother me for some reason.  That's Karius done I'm sure.  We need a new goalkeeper sure but that game was lost when Salah went off.   Everything changed and it was only heading one way.

I felt that when we came out in the second we looked to have lifted ourselves up and started well, and then knobhead happened.