You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

I am proud if what we did this season, in getting to the final. And I loved being part of it.

This.

I'm tired. I'm feeling a bit let down and cheated. But, while we're going through relatively lean times, I'm happy to love and support a football team who measure success by shiny, silver pots rather than revelling in a rival's failures. To go into each season with that little bit of hope that we could win something, rather than knowing that our season is pretty much over before it's even begun.

Sometimes, we don't know how spoilt we've been or how lucky we are. Tomorrow is another day. September is another season. The current hurt will have died down by then and replaced with excitement and that hope that we've progressed another level. Bring it on.

Good night. Fowler bless.

I am proud if what we did this season, in getting to the final. And I loved being part of it.

agree mate feel the same if im honest i never expected to get to the final i think we can hold our heads high and go for it again next year and see where it takes us 

• Upvote 2

Ramos is a parasite on the sport.

The Spanish disease is destroying the game, it’s oscebe to watch grown men pretend to be badly injured and then hurt others.

I’m sick of it now. I’m not sure whete the game is going with this .

The simple soltuion is to just actually hurt them from now on. its not the right thing to do but what else is one supposed to do? especially when a ref is keeping his cards down. why play by the rules if no one else is?

Gutted. Obviously.

Generally, I felt we were a bit over-awed by the occasion - Real Madrid? Historically, and currently, the World’s most successful club.

Bale’s goal was typical of the sheer audacity of their capability, and collectively they hunt their prey and grind them until the enemy is defeated.

Our best chance at winning this was to go out hard early with our Massive Attack, but Mo’s injury and ultimate substitution seriously disheartened our lads. Not because we are a one man team: far from it. No, it was because he is a cog in an attacking machine, with a skill set that nobody on the bench could match - there in lies the seed of our defeat. Real called on Bale, who promptly won them the game. Mo’s replacement was Lallana. Now, Lallana is actually a reasonable player, but Lallana has zero consistant big match experience this season. He was just not able to be part of our well oiled machine.

I was very impressed with Mane, who stepped up again to do more, and fill the gap. What an asset. Wij was impressive and Milner a beast.

Henderson disappointed me. When Real had us pinned down in defence, Henderson became a liability, due to not having the clever light dextrous touch of TAA or Robertson- even Lovren showed better close skill on the ball. Hendo is not our natural captain either. Milner is. Milner is far more capable of rallying the troops.

Karius. Too relaxed for his own good. Fucking hippy needs to cut his hair and sharpen his instinct.

The bottom line is that we have performed miracles this season with a very thin squad. We need an injection of new blood that fits the plan. The plan works, but greater depth is the missing link to our success.

I hope the players can pick themselves up and go again next season from the first fixture, cos that kind of mental toughness is whats needed if we are to keep improving.

IMHO we have had a more successful season than the Mancs, which makes me feel good; no, we couldn’t beat them, but we are making great gains on the top sides. Arsenal and Chelsea both dispossessed.

We go again.

I'm THRILLED I stayed up until now to watch that; too tired to comment much right now.

Mo going off ruined us, I knew were done for then and I'm absolutely gutted for him.

Mane was excellent.

The back 4 were decent.

Everyone else was average...

... except Karius who was complete fucking dogshit. He should never play for us again.

Bale's first goal was unreal.

Big summer ahead as we really need a good handful of players to turn this promise in to trophies.

I feel sorry for all the reds in Kiev, especially the kids who’ve never seen us win the European Cup. Really wanted them to experience what I did thirteen years ago. Sadly, losing finals seems to have become a bit of a habit. Gutting, like, as we did so well to get there.

I attended 2 winning finals before I left school. Life is a bitch. Winning matters, the ride only comforts the accountants.

Never been prouder of our manager or our team.

Loris will get massive shit for tonight and its hard to defend him.

But when i walk in the pub and say ramos will have an influence and beware of dirty tricks i knew what would happen...

Enjoy the 3rd in a row sergio ... i hope karma catches up with you you massive shithouse.... thats if i dont catch up with you first...

Never been prouder of our manager or our team.

Loris will get massive shit for tonight and its hard to defend him.

But when i walk in the pub and say ramos will have an influence and beware of dirty tricks i knew what would happen...

Enjoy the 3rd in a row sergio ... i hope karma catches up with you you massive shithouse.... thats if i dont catch up with you first...

Ramos made Karius fuck up?

agree mate feel the same if im honest i never expected to get to the final i think we can hold our heads high and go for it again next year and see where it takes us 

One more final defeat is one more closer to a winning one.

Already over it because I didn't expect us to win anyways and the match was completely absurd. It's abundantly clear that God is a Real Madrid fan, because they are the luckiest team I've ever seen. It defies logic. They were probably the better team on the day, but for absolutely everything to go their way like it did was just sickening to watch. 

The major events of the match are some of the most ridiculous you'll ever see. Just don't get why it had to happen in this game, of all games. 

It’s a young side and they’ll learn from the experience, the powers that be will, or should, learn from it and hopefully fill some of the glaring gaps in our squad.

I’m disappointed but not as upset as I have been after other defeats, we’re evolving as a side, definitely going in the right direction, I’m excited about the future.

I always thought spending £70m on a keeper was ridiculous, shows what I know.

100% Ramos meant that, and I hope someone snaps his legs. Game changed as well then, completely.

Cunt of a final that. Feel for anyone who made the supreme effort to get there.

And fuck Madrid. Dunno how they get so much luck and treatment but there you go.

Half of their league wins and Euro cups should be scrubbed off as they were backed by Franco. Win at all costs and zero guilt. Cunts. Hope this match solidify's our resolve about selling any of our players to these cunts.

It’s a young side and they’ll learn from the experience, the powers that be will, or should, learn from it and hopefully fill some of the glaring gaps in our squad.

I’m disappointed but not as upset as I have been after other defeats, we’re evolving as a side, definitely going in the right direction, I’m excited about the future.

I always thought spending £70m on a keeper was ridiculous, shows what I know.

Pretty much my feelings as well, these day's I get way more pissed off by drawing at home to Watford or losing away to Swansea than losing to Real Madrid.