You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Real Madrid - The European Cup final

the goalkeeping coach has showed him how to make those mistakes tonight?

I’d love to see that drill in training. Hey Karius I’m going to get some players to shoot straight at you and don’t want you to catch or punch the ball.

In a way, yes.  They really do coach players to do certain things.  Like how long to keep the ball and how to position themselves.  They really do.  

I cannot believe that we sign bad goalies all the time.  It goes deeper than that.  

• Upvote 1

Cheated how fuck off they were better and got rub of green no excuses

I just don't see how you blow 100m on a keeper and that changes everything.

What if Olak or Alisson makes two blunders? You saw the latter from the game against us.

What then?

Stick with the fucking cunt and improve the areas that are more concerning.

Whenever we make a sub or get an injury, the sub takes us down a level. Our bench might as well be a bunch of kids they've picked from the crowd because the level they add is below what's expected. There is nobody there who can do what Bale did tonight.

Karius fucked up, granted. If Salah doesn't get his arm dislocated does the scoreline change? Pretty sure we score more than 1 goal as the threat from our right remains there beyond the 25th minute.

Shite final. Cheated but I'm not taking my anger out on Karius.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I know what people are saying about feeling for Karius but I’m finding it hard when my lad is in tears to feel for him.

Back 4 I thought did a good job although I though If Lovren is anywhere near Bale on that overhead it’s dangerous play.

Robertson was immense, and Ronaldo was a passenger.

On the positive side we are a Work in progress and shouldn’t have been here in the grand scheme...fuck it I’m not fooling myself

Fucking sick of losing finals.

I’m pissed and it’s 7am.

But apart from Karius we were ok.

Lack of quality on the bench a goalkeeper disaster and Madrid being cunts.

A couple of good signings and we’ll win it next season.

We've improved from the UEFA Cup Final, mainly because people who shouldn't have been in the first team have been bumped down to the bench.

Our bench tonight should have had Wijnaldum, Henderson and Karius (all having been bumped by someone better) plus some better attackers than a half-fit Lallana and a child.

Over to you, FSG.

(I won't hold my breath.)

100% Ramos meant that, and I hope someone snaps his legs. Game changed as well then, completely.

Cunt of a final that. Feel for anyone who made the supreme effort to get there.

And fuck Madrid. Dunno how they get so much luck and treatment but there you go.

Cheated how fuck off they were better and got rub of green no excuses

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Probably by targeting our best player in the first 25 minutes. 

Lets just recap - they barely got into our box during this period yet directly after that were all over us when Salah went off. 

"rub of green no excuses" you say. 

I call it alehouse, snide cunt tactics that make Maureen's style of play look brilliant. 

It's not an excuse, it's calling shite football, shite football.

Well, that was fucking terrible.

Let's start with the positives.

The back four did their jobs. Lovren, in particular, raised his game. Milner did everything right until he ran out of steam. Salah was a threat, while he was on the pitch. Mané was superb.

And the negatives.

I hate seeing cheats prosper; Ramos (the filthy snide ratcunt) deliberately injured Salah and the cheating paid off. Firmino, Lallana, Wijnaldum and Henderson all went missing. Klopp (I thought) got his tactics wrong: you put Can on when you're defending a lead; you put Solanke on when you're desperately chasing the game.

Then there's Karius...

There's no doubt that he has, generally, improved this year. But I can't recall a Liverpool keeper giving two goals away so cheaply; that was worse than Bogdan at Watford. And "worse than Bogdan" is not a phrase any keeper wants on his CV. Psychologically, I don’t see how he can come back from that. The fans won't trust him, his team-mates won't trust him and he won't trust himself. Tonight he's persuaded me that a new keeper is a priority.

Remember Rafa in 2007 railing at the owners to get their hands in their pockets? Klopp needs to do that now (except, maybe behind closed doors).

Two more positives. The fans in Kiev were magnificent and my hangover tomorrow will be manageable.

If he's genuinely sorry for his performance, he should do the right thing and offer his resignation and force the manager's hand.

Ramos definitely does Salah. There's no need for him to keep hold of Salah's arm when he drags him down.

We'd have definitely put up more of a fight with Salah on the pitch. That we didn't says a bit about squad depth and mental strength.

We didn't play poorly though. But, just never had the attacking fluency that we've shown in the past.

A few reasons for that, for me.

Madrid crumbled to the deck under the slightest contact. Stopped us putting them under pressure to win the ball back as they'd get the free kick so often.

The second ball. We seemed a bit more direct when Salah went off. He's a cunt, but Ramos, and Varanne won pretty much everything in the air. When it was headed into midfield, our midfield always seemed a bit too deep and slow to pick up the loose ball and start an attack.

The midfield as a whole. Their midfield three of Casemiro, Kroos and Modric were just too good and quick for us. They played around the press really well with quick, clever passes.

But, in any event, it's all on the keeper. We handed the game to them.

At least Coutinho doesn't get a winner's medal.

Great achievement to get to the final, disappointing how it's gone.  Proud to be a Liverpool fan. Karius made mistakes but not on purpose and he must be feeling heartbroken so needs to be supported rather than berated YNWA.

Hope any reds in Kiev stay safe and get home without issue.

Onwards to next year!